Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
O Jogo keep flip flopping on this story, they put out the story last night of him supposedly being surprised, then earlier today said the fee was agreed now they’re saying this. Shows how unreliable they are as a source
No necessarily contradictory...

People keep saying this as if that is good enough. Being better than Maupay is at least 3 levels below what we actually need. Maupay is terrible, Adams is very bad. We need to stop signing strikers that don't score goals.
This is the thing that really gets my goat mate. It's not like we've got a team full of players ready to score goals and they just need some lump to free them up, or someone to do the hard running and pressing - no one scores in our side.

If Danjuma is Gray's replacement, he will probably bag about 10 vs Gray's 6. If Adams scores his usual 6, we are up 5 goals on Maupay. Thay would not be enough of an improvement throughout the side. And this would still necessitate Doucoure scoring at a rate he doesn't normally and McNeil equalling or bettering a season in which he doubled his entire goals output of his whole career.

Gana doesn't score, Garner (though I love him) doesn't score, Onana doesn't score, our full backs don't attack. Chermiti is a kid, who is unlikely to contribute many in his first year. If we sign Adams, we are still in the same position of being desperate for DCL to stay fit and recapture his form of 3 years ago - so what's the point?

Dia will score goals (and his stats in a poor side demonstrate his qualities), Iheanacho will likely score more than Adams (though I don't really want him), I think Piroe would score more, Akor Adams and so on. We NEED a player who is better in front of goal, not just someone to fight and run the channels. I don't know why people can't see this.

Is Sulemana actually good? I couldn’t tell the few times I’ve actually seen him play. Bits of good play followed by a bits of confusing play from what I recall.
Lots of pace, which is half the battle in the PL, I suppose.

I'm just relieved we're in the market now for a couple of forwards.

Adams puts himself about and tries hard; this Chermeti gets himself in the box but looks like he needs a touch to set himself he might not get in the PL. Maybe 10 goals between them if they arrive.

Overall if we can get someone who can fill in when DCL isn't playing...which is to say half a season...then we might get safe.

Lots of pace, which is half the battle in the PL, I suppose.

I'm just relieved we're in the market now for a couple of forwards.

Adams puts himself about and tries hard; this Chermeti gets himself in the box but looks like he needs a touch to set himself he might not get in the PL. Maybe 10 goals between them if they arrive.

Overall if we can get someone who can fill in when DCL isn't playing...which is to say half a season...then we might get safe.

I've given my nieces colouring books with more positivity than you

Right, so seeing as everyone seems to think that Che Adams is a decent player to add, let's look at his stats:
Screenshot_20230802_002316_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then, let's compare that to some other strikers at teams around the bottom last year:

Screenshot_20230802_002427_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_002602_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_002658_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now let's compare his stats to a handful of players we have been linked with over the past 12 months who also happen to have been playing for absolutely rubbish, relegation threatened teams:

Boulaye Dia:
Screenshot_20230728_113947_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_002743_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230802_002846_Samsung Internet.jpg

In short, the signing of Adams would be woeful. I'm sure no one would want the likes of Solanke or Awonyi, yet they are in the Adams category. There are many good young players out there and 3 older players (about Adams' age) whose data I have shared, who would be far, far better. Adams is just 💩💩 and shows the usual Everton attitude of let's just get a lad we know with PL experience who has been a handful a couple of times against us.

Right, so seeing as everyone seems to think that Che Adams is a decent player to add, let's look at his stats:
View attachment 220660

Then, let's compare that to some other strikers at teams around the bottom last year:

View attachment 220661
View attachment 220662
View attachment 220663
Now let's compare his stats to a handful of players we have been linked with over the past 12 months who also happen to have been playing for absolutely rubbish, relegation threatened teams:

Boulaye Dia:
View attachment 220664

View attachment 220665
View attachment 220666
In short, the signing of Adams would be woeful. I'm sure no one would want the likes of Solanke or Awonyi, yet they are in the Adams category. There are many good young players out there and 3 older players (about Adams' age) whose data I have shared, who would be far, far better. Adams is just 💩💩 and shows the usual Everton attitude of let's just get a lad we know with PL experience who has been a handful a couple of times against us.

Isn't the general consensus that he is the least appealing of all the players we've been linked to? Still tentatively linked I might add, so not worth worrying about just yet.

View attachment 220660

View attachment 220661
View attachment 220662
View attachment 220663

Boulaye Dia:
View attachment 220664

View attachment 220665
View attachment 220666
You missed the bit showing he's in the top percentile for being a registered donkey who misses sitters from under the crossbar

Not keen on Adams he's bog average at finishing, but I'll say this he's more physical and he can lead a line, he's more of a backup 9 than Maupay is and he can come straight in. If Chermiti is the third choice gamble on the potential we do need a more experienced option, I would have taken Dia or Iheanacho before him but we aren't exactly attractive right now and I am guessing those two would want bigger wages and cost more. Let's see anyway it's been reported we have asked about a few strikers maybe they are seeing who is available.

Last edited:

Isn't the general consensus that he is the least appealing of all the players we've been linked to? Still tentatively linked I might add, so not worth worrying about just yet.
Reading loads of stuff of people convincing themselves that he is worth signing, as they did with Maupay. My point is categorically that he is not!

People keep saying this as if that is good enough. Being better than Maupay is at least 3 levels below what we actually need. Maupay is terrible, Adams is very bad. We need to stop signing strikers that don't score goals.
Apparently we could have had Watkins last year if we had sold Gordon and could have had Adams over Maupay. I think Adams is more of a fit for a nine in our system but that's not to say he is anything more than a physical striker who will weigh in with a modest return. But as a backup maybe that's the best we can do

Not keen on Adams he's bog average at finishing, but I'll say this he's more physical and he can lead a line, he's more of a backup 9 than Maupay is and he can come straight in. If Chemiti is the third choice gamble on the potential we do need a more experienced option, I would have taken Dia or Ihneanacho before him but we aren't exactly attractive right now and I am guessing those two would want bigger wages and cost more.
Like my earlier post said that is useless to us. We are not a side that scores goals. We don't need a workhorse to free up our goalscorers, we need to add a goalscorer.

Also, as far as the workhorse bit goes, he's put in the shade by Awonyi and Rodrigo and on a par really with Solanke, so 🤷‍♂️

Apparently we could have had Watkins last year if we had sold Gordon and could have had Adams over Maupay. I think Adams is more of a fit for a nine in our system but that's not to say he is anything more than a physical striker who will weigh in with a modest return. But as a backup maybe that's the best we can do
Why should we be signing backups mate? Who is going to be our no 1? Perma-injured Dom or the raw 19 year old Chermiti? We need to be signing someone to be our no 1 striker. If Dom gets back fit enough and in good enough form to oust our new no 1, or play alongside him, then great. But after 2 years of constant injuries we would be idiots to be buying a back up.

If we can afford Che Adams we can easily afford a player who will give us what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back