Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like my earlier post said that is useless to us. We are not a side that scores goals. We don't need a workhorse to free up our goalscorers, we need to add a goalscorer.

Also, as far as the workhorse bit goes, he's put in the shade by Awonyi and Rodrigo and on a par really with Solanke, so 🤷‍♂️
Wouldn't be my choice mate just looking at why he may be bought as I said above I would pick others over him

Why should we be signing backups mate? Who is going to be our no 1? Perma-injured Dom or the raw 19 year old Chermiti? We need to be signing someone to be our no 1 striker. If Dom gets back fit enough and in good enough form to oust our new no 1, or play alongside him, then great. But after 2 years of constant injuries we would be idiots to be buying a back up.

If we can afford Che Adams we can easily afford a player who will give us what we need.
True just seems to me I doubt this club will gamble on two forwards they will want one who has played in this league I agree the value is in other leagues or scouting properly.

Apparently we could have had Watkins last year if we had sold Gordon and could have had Adams over Maupay. I think Adams is more of a fit for a nine in our system but that's not to say he is anything more than a physical striker who will weigh in with a modest return. But as a backup maybe that's the best we can do
Sorry but if Che Adams is the best we can do for a back up, keeping Tom Cannon for that role is the best we can do. Also if we're going dowm the prem only scouting we would absolutely get Iheanacho for the same sort of figure who is infinitely better for that role. Better options abroad though as said by many on here.

Sorry but if Che Adams is the best we can do for a back up, keeping Tom Cannon for that role is the best we can do. Also if we're going dowm the prem only scouting we would absolutely get Iheanacho for the same sort of figure who is infinitely better for that role. Better options abroad though as said by many on here.
Don't disagree mate just know how this club thinks

I would much prefer Iheanacho to me he's more of a threat liked him at City too, depends what Dyche and Thelwell identify seems they want some kind of target man.. Is that Iheanacho
But that's the myth of Adams too. He can't hold up the ball and isn't an aerial presence either. Iheanacho is no worse at those things, can control a football and score a 1v1 too

Right, so seeing as everyone seems to think that Che Adams is a decent player to add, let's look at his stats:
View attachment 220660

Then, let's compare that to some other strikers at teams around the bottom last year:

View attachment 220661
View attachment 220662
View attachment 220663
Now let's compare his stats to a handful of players we have been linked with over the past 12 months who also happen to have been playing for absolutely rubbish, relegation threatened teams:

Boulaye Dia:
View attachment 220664

View attachment 220665
View attachment 220666
In short, the signing of Adams would be woeful. I'm sure no one would want the likes of Solanke or Awonyi, yet they are in the Adams category. There are many good young players out there and 3 older players (about Adams' age) whose data I have shared, who would be far, far better. Adams is just 💩💩 and shows the usual Everton attitude of let's just get a lad we know with PL experience who has been a handful a couple of times against us.
I totally agree, Adams is 💩 but since when has it ever been confirmed that we have paid any attention towards him. other then by jarg ITK's..
Certain players will always get linked to the same teams, regarding the players ability and price tag, and same with the Teams.

I totally agree, Adams is 💩 but since when has it ever been confirmed that we have paid any attention towards him. other then by jarg ITK's..
Certain players will always get linked to the same teams, regarding the players ability and price tag, and same with the Teams.
Well, his name has been mentioned by Joyce, Dominic King, Romano and Bobble over the last few years. While by no means infallible, they are the best sources of info we have. Joyce and Bobble have also mentioned him this window. Bobble's mate retweeted the story tonight about Sulemana and Adams, so it's not based on nothing.

Absolutely diabolical PL player who was so bad he was part of a side that conspired to be even worse than us last year, instead of recruiting talent from abroad, certainly seems on brand for Everton.

We are not interested in Che Adams, Soton wanted him thrown in on the Holgate deal. We've asked for Sulemana instead......

Don't fret

From Saintsweb:
Screenshot_20230802_020536_Samsung Internet.webp

Right, so seeing as everyone seems to think that Che Adams is a decent player to add, let's look at his stats:
View attachment 220660

Then, let's compare that to some other strikers at teams around the bottom last year:

View attachment 220661
View attachment 220662
View attachment 220663
Now let's compare his stats to a handful of players we have been linked with over the past 12 months who also happen to have been playing for absolutely rubbish, relegation threatened teams:

Boulaye Dia:
View attachment 220664

View attachment 220665
View attachment 220666
In short, the signing of Adams would be woeful. I'm sure no one would want the likes of Solanke or Awonyi, yet they are in the Adams category. There are many good young players out there and 3 older players (about Adams' age) whose data I have shared, who would be far, far better. Adams is just 💩💩 and shows the usual Everton attitude of let's just get a lad we know with PL experience who has been a handful a couple of times against us.
I appreciate you putting that together to back things up with some stats. Because to be honest I think you get very hyperbolic when talking about how bad Adams is. To me he's just very mediocre, decent at a few things but not a very good goal scorer. I don't agree that he's diabolical, but I do agree that there's no point in signing him, especially not for a decent sum.

While I'd prefer Iheanacho as he's clearly more efficient, in terms of just goals scored there's practically no difference between Maupay, Adams, and Iheanacho with their PL output. I think people are dreaming on Iheanacho and I understand why, I've always liked him, but I think people would end up pretty disappointed overall. I hope the club knows what it's doing with Chermiti, because I'm skeptical that we bring in another striker after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back