Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the current number of posts in this thread compared to players signed?

Only asking because I’ve lost track, is it 1 or 2?

I’m off to wet my bed now.

‘Sakes Everton

Everything still suggests money is extremely tight. I'd take with a large pinch of salt any notion that the "Toure money' is there waiting to be spent. The down-paynent for Chermiti is probably no more than €5m. We're talking very small figures here.

It would help if we could shift some players out but as with last season, the issue is too many positions to be filled and too little cash available. It will be criminal if we do not add an experienced forward. Then it depends on whom we can get with the budget available. It could well be a loan forward.

Am I the only one who wouldnt mind Che Adams? lol I know he's not prolific but he's much better suited to our play than Maupay and he can easily play as a lone number 9.
I have wondered the same thing. Not a massive upgrade, but a reasonable one none the less.

And a club can only sign players willing to come. We are not exactly the most attractive proposition.

….selling Iwobi mightn’t be straightforward.

Hes confident that champions league clubs want him lol £10mil may be doable from somewhere.

Everything still suggests money is extremely tight. I'd take with a large pinch of salt any notion that the "Toure money' is there waiting to be spent. The down-paynent for Chermiti is probably no more than €5m. We're talking very small figures here.

It would help if we could shift some players out but as with last season, the issue is too many positions to be filled and too little cash available. It will be criminal if we do not add an experienced forward. Then it depends on whom we can get with the budget available. It could well be a loan forward.

If we just calculate on the overall deals...£12.8mil for Chermiti would leave us £10mil+ from El Bilal deal.

Get Gray, Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Maupay and Iwobi out the door and its potentially a total pot of £40mil to add = £50mil.

No chance. We've only ever sold two players in our history that we paid £25m plus for; Lukaku and Richarlison. All others are either still at the club (Keane, Pickford, Iwobi) or were released; Bolasie, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Mina.

Moise Kean

I think it's time to cash in on both Iwobi and Gray
We paid total top dollar for him, that said has scored some crucial goals that on balance might have kept us up and so justified his inclusion. I doubt we make anything, but I realise there's a few ways to look at 'cash in'. Appears we'll profit on Gray if we let him go.

This thread is really something, doing over 100 pages a day or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back