Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes confident that champions league clubs want him lol £10mil may be doable from somewhere.

If we just calculate on the overall deals...£12.8mil for Chermiti would leave us £10mil+ from El Bilal deal.

I think he meant championship level player, because that's his level.

Re you're, weren't we.spreading this over a long period of time with small down-payments, so unless we can get similar players on the same structure I wouldn't pay to much attention to the toure fee

I think he meant championship level player, because that's his level.

Re you're, weren't we.spreading this over a long period of time with small down-payments, so unless we can get similar players on the same structure I wouldn't pay to much attention to the toure fee

Which is why i wrote "if we take the overall fee" :p

No other way to calculate as we dont know the ins and outs

Am I the only one who wouldnt mind Che Adams? lol I know he's not prolific but he's much better suited to our play than Maupay and he can easily play as a lone number 9.

Because some fantasists believe we can get a player under 25 from some European club who can jump into the side and score 15+ goals for less than £20mill (all based if the club accept drip payments).

Realists believe someone like Che would fit straight in, get us 5-8 goals, suit the style, build up play, wouldn't cost the earth, low wages, and no doubt would be an easy transfer.

Hes confident that champions league clubs want him lol £10mil may be doable from somewhere.

If we just calculate on the overall deals...£12.8mil for Chermiti would leave us £10mil+ from El Bilal deal.

Get Gray, Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Maupay and Iwobi out the door and its potentially a total pot of £40mil to add = £50mil.

Moise Kean

In an inflationary market, I think Gray with confirmed interest is our only hope of generating a decent fee to be re-invested. Iwobi won't be sold.

The issue with all of the others is wages, a lack of interest, or both. Recent history suggests we would struggle to get takers for any of them on loan, unless we are heavily subsidising wages. Maupay might be an exception used in part-exchange for Dia, but those deals are rare.

Because some fantasists believe we can get a player under 25 from some European club who can jump into the side and score 15+ goals for less than £20mill (all based if the club accept drip payments).

Realists believe someone like Che would fit straight in, get us 5-8 goals, suit the style, build up play, wouldn't cost the earth, low wages, and no doubt would be an easy transfer.
If the target is 5 to 8 goals then that seems achievable for Gnonto, Ilings-Junior or any other young midfielder we've been linked with. Would prefer creative scoring bodies in midfield if we can't attract another decent striker who can be expected to knock in 10+

Thing with Adams is that he is a battering ram, gets teams up the pitch and will hopefully alleviate pressure to allow the likes of Danjuma, McNeil etc to flourish.

Its no coincidence JWP at Southampton flourished when Adams is playing.
Yes I agree. He’ll help the team and suit our style of play.
For the right money, a good option

With Adams you can immediately take 20% off his tally of goals & assists. Those came against our shower over the last 3 seasons.
that is still more than Maupay, Simms and DCL managed last season :). I agree with the last poster that i do not mind Adams.
he will give us more than Maupay for sure and with DCL and the young lad wont start 38 games for us. We need a more physical & pacy player up top and with our limited budget it is hard to find a striker proven in the PL / who can hit the ground running. We are shopping in the Weghorst / Adams / Iheanacho market. Although i would prefer Iheanacho for being a bit more versatile. But it depends on which deal we can do (fee/timing etc)

Yes I agree. He’ll help the team and suit our style of play.
For the right money, a good option

This is it. A signing like this will give us options and Youssef (if/when he comes) will get quite a few minutes & starts too. Plus I don't think he will spit his dummy out if DCL gets back to anything near reliable fitness and is instantly the starter.

I've been saying since the start of the window we'd end up with Adams. Thelwell has been chasing him for two windows now and he doesn't appear to deviate from his list. He's also a Dyche-esque player. He'll run all day and he'll cause problems. The problem is if others are making the most out of the space and mayhem he causes then it's all pointless.

Che Adams has had 1 season where he scored 9 goals in the premier league.

As you say, 5-8 goals should be achievable for him.

Id expect that would also be expected of Chermiti which would pretty much null and void a Che Adams deal.

I would expect those links to disappear if Chermiti gets signed.

The deal of Maupay plus cash for Dia looks far more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back