Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fantasists don’t even like it when we are linked with a teenage European striker. Everton literally can’t win with them.

There’s no scenario where Everton beat a host of CL clubs to a top European prospect who is guaranteed to score double figure goals in his first season in the prem. None. People need to wake up and realise this. We might get lucky and find a player the top clubs haven’t looked at but in that case he’d be a complete unproven unknown.

Che Adams I couldn’t care less either way, as you say he’d be cheap and a short term option and not first choice, everyone knows his strengths and everyone knows his limits. What annoys me more is this place hates any mention of him for all the wrong reason.

They don’t hate being linked with him because he’s not brilliant. He’s bullied us loads of times in games in the past, and countless times when he’s played us there’s been people on here saying we could do with him etc. So he’s clearly a handful, and probably someone who might be useful to Everton as an option from the bench on a low wage. They hate the link because all some people on here seem to see is a confirmation of Brexit ball Dyche, Thelwell’s scouting area, and worst of all a chance for the kopite media and their kopite mates to have a poke at us for buying a player that fits the first two categories. This perceived embarrassment seems to be more important to some people than whether someone like Che Adams or Weghorst or McTominay or Maguire etc would improve the squad. I actually think every single player I’ve listed would improve the squad (not that I want us to buy them all)

But no I’m sure there’s a young Suarez or Haaland with Everton posters on their bedroom walls who’s guaranteed to hit 20 in his first season and somehow hasn’t yet been scouted by the CL teams.

I think its generally accepted that Che Adams would be a good (mid table level) target man.

He'd probably net the 5-8 goals stated.

However, surely thats a low aspiration? Maupay was clearly a poor signing...Adams would be an average one.

Do we want average signings on long term contracts and possibly wages too high for their ability?

Id be ok with him but at the same time if we got him then funds should be used on players with potential to take us back up to the top half of the table consistently in 2-3 seasons.

If we have Adams with DCL coming in when fit...plus Chermiti being developed then it has a bit of everything (consistency, quality, potential).

But we would need the likes of a Gnonto, Iling Junior, Sulemana coming in as well.

I think its generally accepted that Che Adams would be a good (mid table level) target man.

He'd probably net the 5-8 goals stated.

However, surely thats a low aspiration? Maupay was clearly a poor signing...Adams would be an average one.

Do we want average signings on long term contracts and possibly wages too high for their ability?

Id be ok with him but at the same time if we got him then funds should be used on players with potential to take us back up to the top half of the table consistently in 2-3 seasons.

If we have Adams with DCL coming in when fit...plus Chermiti being developed then it has a bit of everything (consistency, quality, potential).

But we would need the likes of a Gnonto, Iling Junior, Sulemana coming in as well.
The 'aspiration' for this season is staying in the league

Nothing more, nothing less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back