Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

i prefer Che Adams to him to be honest. But Antonio might be more happier to play a bit part than Adams.
so like Ashley Young a stop gap till the Portuguese lad has developed. But dealing with Moyesie might be difficult if they are not getting the players in themselves. So not sure this is happening.

Quite impressed if we get Adams and Chermiti as it shows long-term planning. Calvert Lewin has 2 years left on his contract. So he will have to be sold next summer or even in the winter transfer window. Adams playing up front will take the pressure off Calvert Lewin so he can get fit and hopefully we can bring in a decent fee for him. Chermiti, if he is any good, can replace DCL next year. If we waited a year Chermiti price may be considerably higher and out of our reach.

Jurgen Klopp has dismissed the idea of Liverpool signing Kylian Mbappe this summer. (Sky sports)

Bullets in the post to Herr Shipman?

Yeah I still think a lot of people haven't accepted the position we're in with the players they snub their noses at. We are a terrible team/club/everything that nobody outside of our own fanbase cares about, we don't get to be very picky nowadays.

We've been a club in chaos for a while now.

Find some stability over the next year or two, and with the new stadium perception will quickly change.

Yeah I still think a lot of people haven't accepted the position we're in with the players they snub their noses at. We are a terrible team/club/everything that nobody outside of our own fanbase cares about, we don't get to be very picky nowadays.
It's not a case of that whatsoever. There are deals to be done for players from around the world. We're not in the market for world beaters.The thinking of the club is so dangerously small-time.

As I keep saying, the club needs assets not millstones. Che Adams and the like are millstones. We need to have a pool of players to keep and develop that we can also sell on as assets to keep us going financially. We also should not be signing backups for DCL. We need a player who can go straight in and genuinely replace him. Adams is not that player, nor is Antonio.

Buying worse players than we currently have and 32+ year olds that will need replacing in a year isn’t going to help us do that though.
Young is 1 year deal.
Danjuma is a loan
* Chermiti is 19 and a prospect/Profit
We havn't signed anybody else, only had tentative links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back