Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes exactly. He needs replacing next year, possibly even January if his legs go midway through this season.

Let’s hope these ludicrous Antonio rumours stay just that.

Correct.

However, the priority is not to be relegated until the stadium move (or you know, not to be relegated at all). Needs must I guess?

Beggars cant be choosers. Agree its not one for the long-term but Antonio is an upgrade on Maupay (not hard I know) and will be a short-term deal.

This is going well.

Shambles, months and months to do your groundwork on transfer dealings and here we sit 2 weeks till the premiere league starts. Totally crazy
In an ideal world we'd have all our business done and players having a full preseason together,but that just what the well run clubs do.

Our board have failed so miserably in the last few years not signing a competent striker to help dcl that we now have people advocating signing the likes of weghorst, Adams and Antonio.

What a sickening thought, just not learning from previous mistakes if we go and sign any of them 3.

Che Adams for a small fee and decent wages I could JUST about get on board with, but the other two are a massive swerve

There's so much rubbish on social media re Everton this season, 95% of it bull I'm fairly sure.
The funniest one is " Goodison News ", no more of a clue about the goings on than I have !.
It’s generally negative news about the club as well mate.
Probably run by the daily mail!!!

Somehow we arent having the worst transfer window.

a7y7scwzfjfb1.png
Dithering Davie strikes again! 🤣

We also can't fall into the trap of becoming apologists though.

How many windows and the answer is Che Adams a few days before a season starts? On the back of our worst ever Prem season for points and goals.

Think it's more the blanket denial and "this is what we've become" like we should be able to still tussle with mid-to-higher tier clubs for players after 2 season of fighting relegation. All because an unsavoury name gets linked.

As for Che Adams...I was an advocate of him last season over Maupay because he's more attributes similar to DCL. It doesn't even have to be him...but if there's a similar player and we can get the deal done we should.

Somehow we arent having the worst transfer window.

a7y7scwzfjfb1.png

If we’d have bought Danjuma for 30 mill people would be saying it was a decent window so far.

We might well end up finishing the window with DCL, new striker, Danjuma, Kermiti, and people on here still saying ‘ffs Everton buy a striker’

100%

The age old saying though...if someone like Che was brought in from Europe instead of Southampton, the fume would be nowhere near they are now.

I'd even say if we got Che, Maguire etc we would 100% not be in a relegation battle. And based on the past 2 years that progress
vpi28yykj4n51.jpg

Either was sacking Carlo Ancelotti mate which is what you long advocated but here we are.

IMO, Michail Antonio would improve us/help us avoid relegation and that's what's needed if we haven't got a pot to piss in. If we had him, he'd be starting vs Fulham in 10 days.

Expecting you to find this for me now but you won’t, because it doesn’t exist.

You did also say that Maupay was an improvement over Rondon, that hasn’t worked out very well has it. We should not be buying a player because they’re marginally better than an absolute dosser we’ve currently got.

Either was sacking Carlo Ancelotti mate which is what you long advocated but here we are.

IMO, Michail Antonio would improve us/help us avoid relegation and that's what's needed if we haven't got a pot to piss in. If we had him, he'd be starting vs Fulham in 10 days.

My concern with Antonio is hes prone to injury spells himself if my memory is right.

Lads a handful. Remember seeing him live a few times, hes huge, a beast of a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back