Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been a club in chaos for a while now.

Find some stability over the next year or two, and with the new stadium perception will quickly change.
Scraping by (if we are lucky) and becoming the Stoke or Burnley of the division, where anti-football is played and being a stomping ground for old grocks is a bad reputation that sticks. No move to a new ground will suddenly change that. Why should we accept that we are terrible and keep doing the same terrible things?

Brighton didn't. Lots of clubs don't. Keep doing the same things and expecting different outcomes . . .

We need to invest in good quality players with potential and get a reputation as a place for those kinds of players to develop, so they want to come. At the moment, we have a reputation as a club that buys dross that clubs can ship their dross out to for a good payday. That needs changing sharpish.

Buying worse players than we currently have and 32+ year olds that will need replacing in a year isn’t going to help us do that though.

Either was sacking Carlo Ancelotti mate which is what you long advocated but here we are.

IMO, Michail Antonio would improve us/help us avoid relegation and that's what's needed if we haven't got a pot to piss in. If we had him, he'd be starting vs Fulham in 10 days.

Che Adams has had 1 season where he scored 9 goals in the premier league.

As you say, 5-8 goals should be achievable for him.

Id expect that would also be expected of Chermiti which would pretty much null and void a Che Adams deal.

I would expect those links to disappear if Chermiti gets signed.

The deal of Maupay plus cash for Dia looks far more interesting.

Would be mad to expect Chermiti to get that amount of goals.

He's one for the future to develop.

I'd even bet if Maupay doesn't move on...Chermiti is 3rd choice.

Young is 1 year deal.
Danjuma is a loan
* Chermiti is 19 and a prospect/Profit
We havn't signed anybody else, only had tentative links.
You're right that we don't get to be picky but it shouldn't stop us being smart. We can stop repeating the mistakes that got us into this mess....panic and short termism played their part...and do those things that aid our recovery and progression. Investing in youth is the smart play for us. Bringing in old failures in the hope they will get half a dozen goals is not

The fantasists don’t even like it when we are linked with a teenage European striker. Everton literally can’t win with them.

There’s no scenario where Everton beat a host of CL clubs to a top European prospect who is guaranteed to score double figure goals in his first season in the prem. None. People need to wake up and realise this. We might get lucky and find a player the top clubs haven’t looked at but in that case he’d be a complete unproven unknown.

Che Adams I couldn’t care less either way, as you say he’d be cheap and a short term option and not first choice, everyone knows his strengths and everyone knows his limits. What annoys me more is this place hates any mention of him for all the wrong reason.

They don’t hate being linked with him because he’s not brilliant. He’s bullied us loads of times in games in the past, and countless times when he’s played us there’s been people on here saying we could do with him etc. So he’s clearly a handful, and probably someone who might be useful to Everton as an option from the bench on a low wage. They hate the link because all some people on here seem to see is a confirmation of Brexit ball Dyche, Thelwell’s scouting area, and worst of all a chance for the kopite media and their kopite mates to have a poke at us for buying a player that fits the first two categories. This perceived embarrassment seems to be more important to some people than whether someone like Che Adams or Weghorst or McTominay or Maguire etc would improve the squad. I actually think every single player I’ve listed would improve the squad (not that I want us to buy them all)

But no I’m sure there’s a young Suarez or Haaland with Everton posters on their bedroom walls who’s guaranteed to hit 20 in his first season and somehow hasn’t yet been scouted by the CL teams.

100%

The age old saying though...if someone like Che was brought in from Europe instead of Southampton, the fume would be nowhere near they are now.

I'd even say if we got Che, Maguire etc we would 100% not be in a relegation battle. And based on the past 2 years that progress

100%

The age old saying though...if someone like Che was brought in from Europe instead of Southampton, the fume would be nowhere near they are now.

We also can't fall into the trap of becoming apologists though.

How many windows and the answer is Che Adams a few days before a season starts? On the back of our worst ever Prem season for points and goals.

Palace, Sheff U, West Ham, Wolves, Fulham all lost their best players so far. Luton and Burnley not strengthened. Maybe it is a 'tough market' after all?

I think its generally accepted that Che Adams would be a good (mid table level) target man.

He'd probably net the 5-8 goals stated.

However, surely thats a low aspiration? Maupay was clearly a poor signing...Adams would be an average one.

Do we want average signings on long term contracts and possibly wages too high for their ability?

Id be ok with him but at the same time if we got him then funds should be used on players with potential to take us back up to the top half of the table consistently in 2-3 seasons.

If we have Adams with DCL coming in when fit...plus Chermiti being developed then it has a bit of everything (consistency, quality, potential).

But we would need the likes of a Gnonto, Iling Junior, Sulemana coming in as well.

Of course we don’t want average signings, but PL average players are currently better than a lot of the players we have.

I’d wager that Adams is probably more useful to us than Maupay would be. If there’s a deal that sees Maupay go and Adams come in and we wash our face on it for a season or two then I don’t really care as it frees up money in other places for us to put it to better use and allows us to improve the squad.

Same principle with Maguire, do I want him? Not really. Would I care that much if we shipped out Keane and Holgate and used the money on Maguire? Probably not.

We need to make sure we survive next season. We can’t do a Southampton and have a load of promising young players but end up going down.

We’ve got a very decent group of young players in my view currently in the first team in Patterson Garner Onana McNeill. Branthwaite may well be added to that. Perhaps the young striker will be also in time.

If we can get a few average PL players for low budget to help keep us in the league whilst we flush out our financial issues then it doesn’t really bother me. I don’t know why people lose their heads about it. It’s a far more sensible way to go than overpaying for PL players who don’t really want to be here like Schneiderlin Siggurdson Walcott etc.

This is going well.

Shambles, months and months to do your groundwork on transfer dealings and here we sit 2 weeks till the premiere league starts. Totally crazy

Somehow we arent having the worst transfer window.

a7y7scwzfjfb1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back