Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofcourse, but we are talking about individuals, and he he is an average prem english defender.

He is 30 and has Burnley and us on his CV, thats just confirms hs status as a decent / average level defender.

I like him....but he is nothing special, he is not even close to Jags, and even he was an English clogger type....but a bit better.

Totally disagree with the bolded part.

If you think Tarkowski is "average" and Jags was a "clogger" then im not sure what types of defenders you would rate bar the obvious.

What's sound about an aging, underpeforming inconsistent and short of confidence massively overpaid cb?

Fit right in like if anything
Would depend on hte deal, of course.
But if we were getting him on loan with Utd paying loads of his wages, then he'd be sound.

He was never underperforming or inconsistent befoer the last couple of seasons of turmoil at Utd - and he seems to perform very well for England too.

The right manager and the right system can turn a player in a bad spot around completely. Surely you've seen that enough over the years.

In which case I really don’t know why they don’t just settle up with Moyes and move on. If the hierarchy want young progressive signings you need the manager for it, and he did have a squad too talented for a relegation battle right in one last season.

He saved himself in Europe but maybe that success should’ve been an opportunity to part ways on good terms.

Moyes was effectively on the verge pending the season ending. Winking a trophy saved him from the sack.

He will be gone at the first opportunity although all planning at West Ham right now is up in the air.

In which case I really don’t know why they don’t just settle up with Moyes and move on. If the hierarchy want young progressive signings you need the manager for it, and he did have a squad too talented for a relegation battle right in one last season.

He saved himself in Europe but maybe that success should’ve been an opportunity to part ways on good terms.
Don't know if it's that as such, they just don't want to be ripped off by other PL clubs who know they have a big pot of money.

Would depend on hte deal, of course.
But if we were getting him on loan with Utd paying loads of his wages, then he'd be sound.

He was never underperforming or inconsistent befoer the last couple of seasons of turmoil at Utd - and he seems to perform very well for England too.

The right manager and the right system can turn a player in a bad spot around completely. Surely you've seen that enough over the years.
he's on about 250k a week pal, so unless united are willing to pay 75% of that it's a non-starter

does he perform very well for England? he isnt as bad as he is for united like but he's hardly great.

don't get him me, every time i watch him he does something ridicolous, i think without the pressure of being at united his game would pick up more, but the whole finances involved we wont be anywhere near him thankfully

Because some fantasists believe we can get a player under 25 from some European club who can jump into the side and score 15+ goals for less than £20mill (all based if the club accept drip payments).

Realists believe someone like Che would fit straight in, get us 5-8 goals, suit the style, build up play, wouldn't cost the earth, low wages, and no doubt would be an easy transfer.
Ah, the 5-8 goals that loads of people said Maupay would score last year. Realism. Got it.

Moyes wants expensive pl experience types and the board/Dof reckon there is better value to be had abroad.
I haven't taken much notice of what might be reported out of West Hams side this summer but that seems quite strange seeing as Moyes has always had great success shopping outside of that market to the point that it became his trademark in a way.

Ah, the 5-8 goals that loads of people said Maupay would score last year. Realism. Got it.
I suppose on paper Maupay should have got that many goals though really hes not very good but I never thought he was that bad I can't remember but I probably thought it was an OK move when we signed him it just didn't work out that way. I agree with the people saying some people aren't being realistic about what we can do or even what we're trying to do more to the point. Whether we like it or not its pretty obvious that Everton just want to stay in the league for now and nothing more than that so there is a bit of realism needed to remember what market we're shopping in and how good anyone we sign is going to be.

Can we add 'packed his bags' to our transfer bingo phrases?! 😂😂
Screenshot_20230802_115309_X.webp

We can all shoot down Che Adams & Antonio but the realistic approach is they would improve us. Yes it’s a low bar but it’s not like we’re flush with money.

“But he only scores 3 goals a year” ,the flip side is that McNeill scored more league goals last season than he has in his entire career at Burnley. You can counter it by using Maupay as an example how he did well at Brighton but has bombed here, it’s all about set up and systems.

We all just don’t know what they could achieve in Dyches set up.

The business done last year was good apart from Maupay - which if we’d have got someone more suited to our system we’d have been safe long before the last day.

Che Adams is where we’re at. Sure I’d like a FM wonder kid with a 180+ PA but I’m also mindful of the situation the club appears to be in.

Rather than signing ‘better than X crap player’ I’m much more into taking a gamble of signing ‘the next Lukaku’ or ‘the next Richarlison.

I actually think that’s more what our recruitment has tried to be with Patterson the next Coleman, Garner the next classy but gritty English United academy graduate, Onana the next big thing from Belgium but deals like Maupay and potentially Che Adam ruin all those good graces because they’re just a waste. Deals like Tarkowski and Young make sense on frees for experience but why waste actual money on the likes of Maupay or Che?

The west ham one is shocking after winning a trophy and banking £100mill, playing in Europe this year.

Thats the problem isnt it.

Everyone knows they've got the money so everyone's put £10m on the price of all of their players for them.

Apparently moyes and their dof are at odds about who to buy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back