Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're massively interested in him but he's injured until September, which has scuppered things
I didn't realise he was injured . So it probably rules out a transfer ,however we've been known to sign injured players in the past so you never actually know with Everton .Anything can happen

I didn't realise he was injured . So it probably rules out a transfer ,however we've been known to sign injured players in the past so you never actually know with Everton .Anything can happen
Not wholly exciting, but probably the most sensible of signings we’ve been linked to (providing they wouldn’t want a stupid fee).

Of course we don’t want average signings, but PL average players are currently better than a lot of the players we have.

I’d wager that Adams is probably more useful to us than Maupay would be. If there’s a deal that sees Maupay go and Adams come in and we wash our face on it for a season or two then I don’t really care as it frees up money in other places for us to put it to better use and allows us to improve the squad.

Same principle with Maguire, do I want him? Not really. Would I care that much if we shipped out Keane and Holgate and used the money on Maguire? Probably not.

We need to make sure we survive next season. We can’t do a Southampton and have a load of promising young players but end up going down.

We’ve got a very decent group of young players in my view currently in the first team in Patterson Garner Onana McNeill. Branthwaite may well be added to that. Perhaps the young striker will be also in time.

If we can get a few average PL players for low budget to help keep us in the league whilst we flush out our financial issues then it doesn’t really bother me. I don’t know why people lose their heads about it. It’s a far more sensible way to go than overpaying for PL players who don’t really want to be here like Schneiderlin Siggurdson Walcott etc.
Some people are losing their heads, and rightly so, that Danjuma doesn't really want to be here

I mean, isn't the word that our current crop of youngsters isn't great by any means? Seeing a lot of the traditional 'we'll go with what we've got' type messages coming out. The kind that make people rejoice when a Maupay or an Adams is signed.
Screenshot_20230802_125405_X.jpg

I mean, isn't the word that our current crop of youngsters isn't great by any means? Seeing a lot of the traditional 'we'll go with what we've got' type messages coming out. The kind that make people rejoice when a Maupay or an Adams is signed.
View attachment 220749

The quote is a bit misleading; it's just taken from his recent interview but the full bit is:

"On working with individuals, Stone added: “I am a big believer in trying to improve the players we have got here. We have got some really good young players. You can talk about Jimmy Garner, Patterson, you can still talk about Dwight McNeil being a young man, Branthwaite has come back in from his loan spell.

“There are so many young players here who we have got to develop and work with. Our job as coaches is to try to make those players better so we don’t have to go out and buy those kinds of players.”

So it's not academy players being referred to.

Still going after the right kind of players though and have had a very good 12 months in terms of acquisitions.
Hope he doesn’t go there, he’s can do so much better. Although if nobody is prepared to pay the money then not much choice.
Surprised West Ham haven’t come in for him since the sale of Rice. Dortmund would be the move i’d like to see him make.

The quote is a bit misleading; it's just taken from his recent interview but the full bit is:

"On working with individuals, Stone added: “I am a big believer in trying to improve the players we have got here. We have got some really good young players. You can talk about Jimmy Garner, Patterson, you can still talk about Dwight McNeil being a young man, Branthwaite has come back in from his loan spell.

“There are so many young players here who we have got to develop and work with. Our job as coaches is to try to make those players better so we don’t have to go out and buy those kinds of players.”

So it's not academy players being referred to.
Fair enough, but it still gives the traditional 'we'll go with what we've got message', which was the main point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back