Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their team average 5-8 goals a player. MacAlister got 10 last year which is the only player to get double figures for them since Maupay...and Glenn Murray before him.

And I've added to the point...the reason they felt like moving him on is more down to his pace and lack of assists compared to the players around him.

And you've got it completely wrong. I'm saying he's a decent player and we bought him for the wrong reasons and system. It's poor recruitment again.

Nobody in the premiership want most of our players. Even Gray is off to a better team who most think it's pap.

Yeah, because they’re all crap, including Maupay.

Don’t Utd want more than 20 mil for maguire

Why are we linked with him

It’s not a priority position
Once we have a striker (or 2) through the door, it is a priority.

It should be a priority considering aside from Tarks, it’s an unproven youngster or Keane who are going to be starting.

If we can sign a striker who can score even something like 10 goals, then we can tighten up defensively and probably get to 40 points before seasons end provided other players elsewhere in the squad chip in

We won 8 games last season and drew 12 for a total of 36

If we could have turned just two of those draws into wins we would have been comfortable on 40 points in 15th place with a couple of games to spare

If Che Adams or Michail Antonio is the difference in turning some of those draws into wins then beggars can't be choosers

No, it's not where we want to be and I'm sure the "Show us some ambition" crowd will be aghast at such an attitude, but it is what it is

We're a crap team playing crap football who need to conjure up enough points to keep surviving until we can finally get the financial side of things sorted out

It's going to be a long, brutal, unpleasant slog for the next couple of seasons at least (if not longer). I think the sooner we accept that as a fan base and get into a seige mentality then the better things will be. Turn Goodison into a bear pit, yell "sack the board" at every opportunity, cross our fingers and hope that Dyche can scrape the required points to keep us in the league

That's what being an Evertonian is going to be for the foreseeable future, and being linked with the Adams' and Antonio's during the transfer window is going to be part and parcel of that until we either finally get through these tough times or ultimately succumb and get relegated, leading to even more hardship and misery

We know why we're here, we know who to blame, but it's happened and can't be undone at the moment, so now we need the manager to get the best out of what we have, and we can play an important role in that as supporters by getting behind the team and being the 12th man

But we have to base transfers on where players are now. We are being linked with two Leeds players who are both out until at least September. If we were City or Chelsea etc it's a chance worth taking but for us way too risky.

I am basing it on where he is now. He’s played 95 games in two seasons where DCL has managed 36.

If Adams was ultra ultra cheap, I wouldn’t be too distressed.

Antonio had a very hot spell a couple of years ago and is crazy strong, nice guy too, but seems pointless now given we need reliability. Carrying that bulk and the injuries mounting up, not for me. Need someone who will be available.

Adams pace/acceleration stats and popularity would improve massively if he reverted back to his Birmingham haircut. Looked much more dangerous and pacey.

View attachment 220759
What are these injuries mounting up for Antonio? 95 games in two seasons, not injured since 2021

We'll move him on before the likes of Godfrey, Keane, Holgate, Gomes all shift.

People go massively overboard about how bad players are. I'm no fan of Maupay tbh, and he has been dire for us. But he's not the "awful" footballer that many make him out to be. His Premier League stats still show a goal involvement (assist or goal) every 254 minutes.

Che Adams is another one: A goal involvement in the Premier League every 200 mins. Yet some act like he just doesn't belong in the Premier League. Don't get me wrong, I don't really want either Maupay or Adams playing for us, but they're not the 'competition winners' some make them out to be.

If we can sign a striker who can score even something like 10 goals, then we can tighten up defensively and probably get to 40 points before seasons end provided other players elsewhere in the squad chip in

We won 8 games last season and drew 12 for a total of 36

If we could have turned just two of those draws into wins we would have been comfortable on 40 points in 15th place with a couple of games to spare

If Che Adams or Michail Antonio is the difference in turning some of those draws into wins then beggars can't be choosers

No, it's not where we want to be and I'm sure the "Show us some ambition" crowd will be aghast at such an attitude, but it is what it is

We're a crap team playing crap football who need to conjure up enough points to keep surviving until we can finally get the financial side of things sorted out

It's going to be a long, brutal, unpleasant slog for the next couple of seasons at least (if not longer). I think the sooner we accept that as a fan base and get into a seige mentality then the better things will be. Turn Goodison into a bear pit, yell "sack the board" at every opportunity, cross our fingers and hope that Dyche can scrape the required points to keep us in the league

That's what being an Evertonian is going to be for the foreseeable future, and being linked with the Adams' and Antonio's during the transfer window is going to be part and parcel of that until we either finally get through these tough times or ultimately succumb and get relegated, leading to even more hardship and misery

We know why we're here, we know who to blame, but it's happened and can't be undone at the moment, so now we need the manager to get the best out of what we have, and we can play an important role in that as supporters by getting behind the team and being the 12th man
Nope. Just buy some well scouted talent. I just cannot abide by the attitude of 'we're already bad, so let's buy more players we know are bad, this is just the way it has to be.'

It's absolute rubbish mate. People act like it's either being able to compete for the top talent, or buying proven PL dross. It's just not that black and white. It will be many of the same people furious with the board that we are a continued laughing stock and absolutely rubbish to both watch and in terms of points totals.

What are these injuries mounting up for Antonio? 95 games in two seasons, not injured since 2021

Its a significant amount of games to be missing every season in the ones proceeding last in my opinion mate when you consider we would be bringing him in to cover someone else injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back