Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably would have if we passed the ball instead of hoofed it up to him and told him to hold it up.

He was brought in to be a different option to Dom. Probably be someone to play off him and be part of a team that played "between the lines" as Lampard once said.

Maupay never had the attributes to the style of play.

Big Che does.
If Adams was ultra ultra cheap, I wouldn’t be too distressed.

Antonio had a very hot spell a couple of years ago and is crazy strong, nice guy too, but seems pointless now given we need reliability. Carrying that bulk and the injuries mounting up, not for me. Need someone who will be available.

Adams pace/acceleration stats and popularity would improve massively if he reverted back to his Birmingham haircut. Looked much more dangerous and pacey.

1690978309262.jpeg

Brighton got rid of him because he wasn’t good enough.

Their top scorer for 3 seasons and "not good enough?". I'm no expert on their team but something tells me his pace and lack of assists compared to the players around him meant they felt they could upgrade.

He had 12 months left, wanted to sell, and had Trossard to fill in for him (who they sold in January).

They don't play with a "striker". They have currently 2 strikers on the books...Welbeck and Ferguson. Their team is full of pacey and technical attacking midfielders not centre forwards. Pascal Gross at 32 is a defensive mid and got 9 goals and 8 assists ffs

And Brighton operate different. They don't keep hold of players if they want to go and have plans to replace them.

He is average, an English clogger that likes to hoof and head, and turns as slow as Keane.

Mental how much we over-rate our own players.

Maguire would start for around 14 or 20 prem teams.
I think it’s mental how much you have overrated Maguire.
😀, all opinions though mate.
The above statement will of course be reflected in the profile and size of club who are in for him… just West Ham at the moment. The other 18 (Man Utd clearly don’t want him anymore and even favouring Luke Shaw at centre back over him) are primed and ready to pounce for the English Baresi.
We shall see in good time mate.

Lad had played in 95 games in the past two seasons alone.
He deffo starts less these days, but it’s very misleading to suggest he’s a crock.
But we have to base transfers on where players are now. We are being linked with two Leeds players who are both out until at least September. If we were City or Chelsea etc it's a chance worth taking but for us way too risky.

Their top scorer for 3 seasons and "not good enough?". I'm no expert on their team but something tells me his pace and lack of assists compared to the players around him meant they felt they could upgrade.

He had 12 months left, wanted to sell, and had Trossard to fill in for him (who they sold in January).

They don't play with a "striker". They have currently 2 strikers on the books...Welbeck and Ferguson. Their team is full of pacey and technical attacking midfielders not centre forwards.

And Brighton operate different. They don't keep hold of players if they want to go and have plans to replace them.

“Their top scorer” he scored 8, he wasn’t good enough. They let him go and have gone from strength to strength since they replaced him with Danny Welbeck who’s bang average and Evan Ferguson who’s a kid and already 10x the player Maupay has ever been. I’m not sure why you’re trying to act like we were the big club muscling our way in and taking Maupay from them, they palmed an unwanted player off to a worse team.

If this paragraph is true then why couldn’t they fit Maupay in there? Because he isn’t a traditional centre forward either or so I’ve been told on here.

Stop trying so desperately to make excuses for us signing an absolute turkey. Nobody else in the Premier League wants him for a reason.

“Their top scorer” he scored 8, he wasn’t good enough. They let him go and have gone from strength to strength since they replaced him with Danny Welbeck who’s bang average and Evan Ferguson who’s a kid and already 10x the player Maupay has ever been. I’m not sure why you’re trying to act like we were the big club muscling our way in and taking Maupay from them, they palmed an unwanted player off to a worse team.

If this paragraph is true then why couldn’t they fit Maupay in there? Because he isn’t a traditional centre forward either or so I’ve been told on here.

Stop trying so desperately to make excuses for us signing an absolute turkey. Nobody else in the Premier League wants him for a reason.

Their team average 5-8 goals a player. MacAlister got 10 last year which is the only player to get double figures for them since Maupay...and Glenn Murray before him.

And I've added to the point...the reason they felt like moving him on is more down to his pace and lack of assists compared to the players around him.

And you've got it completely wrong. I'm saying he's a decent player and we bought him for the wrong reasons and system. It's poor recruitment again.

Nobody in the premiership want most of our players. Even Gray is off to a better team who most think it's pap.

I think it’s mental how much you have overrated Maguire.
😀, all opinions though mate.
The above statement will of course be reflected in the profile and size of club who are in for him… just West Ham at the moment. The other 18 (Man Utd clearly don’t want him anymore and even favouring Luke Shaw at centre back over him) are primed and ready to pounce for the English Baresi.
We shall see in good time mate.
Maguire and Keane for me are both donkeys and quite similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back