Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor is he a left or right sided midfielder either. I think in his own head, at least, he'd want to play as a number ten, but we all know that's an unlikely scenario here.

If I had to choose the best position that he will potentially play here, it would be the CM role - it was when he looked his best for us (think of that purple patch).

Personally, Doucouré gets a raw deal from many of our fans: he ain't perfect, yet we're far better off when he's in the team with his energy and dogidness.
He is a winger for me, doubles up with his full defensively quite well and gets away more with his lapses, in CM he plays apart from his fellow cm's, doesn't understand the position and if he gives the ball away as a CM its usually in a more dangerous position. He cannot play there and moving him away from the center was one of the first things Dyche did.

Agree entirely on Doucoure, the lads out to get him will only shut up if he scores, everything else he does they will ignore.

He has Tuesdays off - it's his nostril vacuuming day

He'll be waiting to see if DCL comes through the behind closed doors friendly whenever that takes place.

If he comes through that, DCL on the bench ready to replace Maupay around the 70 minute mark.

If he breaks down with an injury, he'll make it a priority to start searching for a new striker Thursday morning

Yes it is but it’s the type of creativity we seems to sorely lack. Chelsea do it first to get away with it, and then the rules kick in but they appear to get away with it because they did when there were no rules governing it

Personally think that any other club does that, they're getting pulled into the premier league office when the window shuts.

You've also got to consider the length of the deal. Fancy thinking Iwobi still had another 5 years left here. Yikes.

The whole thing should come back to bite them because no other club operates like they are

He'll be waiting to see if DCL comes through the behind closed doors friendly whenever that takes place.

If he comes through that, DCL on the bench ready to replace Maupay around the 70 minute mark.

If he breaks down with an injury, he'll make it a priority to start searching for a new striker Thursday morning
I know that you jest - but doesn't it feel like this is exactly how we operate?

His job is to find a more effective striker than Neal Maupay in world football - if he can't do that then he needs to retire immediately

Personally think that any other club does that, they're getting pulled into the premier league office when the window shuts.

You've also got to consider the length of the deal. Fancy thinking Iwobi still had another 5 years left here. Yikes.

The whole thing should come back to bite them because no other club operates like they are

i thought roman legging them would of been the castle falling down

nope they get even more money and players

I find it a bit odd that so many players are desperate to go there. Would be interested to know if there is more to the deals than meets the eye.

I know that you jest - but doesn't it feel like this is exactly how we operate?

His job is to find a more effective striker than Neal Maupay in world football - if he can't do that then he needs to retire immediately
I wasn't even jesting mate. If DCL comes through unscathed, 100% he'll think he's a genius and that he won't need replacing.

Everton are looking like a club that once again has put all their eggs into the DCL basket.

I've already written off Villa ad it'll be the same line up with the same issues.

They are taking a huge gamble aren't they ? Luckily for them Pochettino is a good manager, maybe they'll pull it off and get to the top again (at Liverpools expense right now).

It will come back to bite them eventually, but for whatever reason (short-sightedness, delusion, corruption) they think they can play the system.

To be fair to them, they have brought in a fair bit this summer through sales (north of £200m+ apparently), so their net spend this summer isn't terrible.

But, it's the previous windows that will do them unless they can continue to sell to raise sizeable funds and somehow get away with the long-term contracts.
I find it a bit odd that so many players are desperate to go there. Would be interested to know if there is more to the deals than meets the eye.
I've had my thoughts on this, yet isn't this what City are essentially being investigated for? It would be risky to try to do something similar when it's come to light.

Yet, I go back to the short-sightedness, delusion or corruption element, so maybe not. I think the prospect of buying young and long contracts will be attractive.

They are working under Poch, who likes to develop youth, but if it goes wrong they hold all the aces - seven or eight year contracts on very nice wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back