Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Onana left us at the end of window, I would rather move Iwobi or Docucoure to play his role. We have enough winger now and lack of money. The money should be used to sign an experienced striker ASAP. The replacement should be signed in next window or loan rather than spending much now.
The only problem with that is Doucoure isn't anywhere near Onana ability wise.

Yeah, a couple of vital goals near the end of the season but he can hardly pass and isn't the brightest bulb in seeing the play around him. (his missed chance at the weekend, especially when you consider his inability to find Garner for a tap in was far, FAR worse than any of the misses Maupay has been lambasted for)

Ideally, Doucoure is targeted by a Saudi Club in the winter window (or even later in this one!) and Iwobi can move into his role.

Obviously a 60% Dele utterly destroys the both as that forward link man and I live in hope.

Who do you suggest this "experienced striker" should be?

DCL - Injury Prone
Chermiti - Too Young and Inexperienced
Cannon - Inexperienced
Adams - Poor Choice

Do you want us to go and get Haaland?
We had Haaland when he was a teenager and turned down the opportunity to sign him.
I wonder how his career would have turned out if we did sign him, no doubt he'd have had a few loan spells in lower leagues, and we'd be waiting on a championship side to give us 7 million for him.

Yeah, a couple of vital goals near the end of the season but he can hardly pass and isn't the brightest bulb in seeing the play around him. (his missed chance at the weekend, especially when you consider his inability to find Garner for a tap in was far, FAR worse than any of the misses Maupay has been lambasted for)

Ideally, Doucoure is targeted by a Saudi Club in the winter window (or even later in this one!) and Iwobi can move into his role.

Obviously a 60% Dele utterly destroys the both as that forward link man and I live in hope.

Dele Alli is never playing for us again mate.

Simon Jordan was saying with the legnth of contracts they are handing out apparently it works out to 75m on the 600m they spent last season and the 300m this season works out at 60m or so. Dodgy as fooooook though
Yes it is but it’s the type of creativity we seems to sorely lack. Chelsea do it first to get away with it, and then the rules kick in but they appear to get away with it because they did when there were no rules governing it

…you should know by now that Doucoure is mainly about what he does without the ball than with it. Boundless energy, he’s rarely going to provide a defence splitting pass or a clever finish (his miss on Saturday was probably the worst of the lot) but he’ll be one of the first names on the team sheet for what he brings that others can’t.

You need to accept him for what he does not what he doesn’t do. We saw how bad the team were under Lampard, playing Iwobi in the position you suggest. I can’t see the club letting Alli near the team.

…you should know by now that Doucoure is mainly about what he does without the ball than with it. Boundless energy, he’s rarely going to provide a defence splitting pass or a clever finish (his miss on Saturday was probably the worst of the lot) but he’ll be one of the first names on the team sheet for what he brings that others can’t.

You need to accept him for what he does not what he doesn’t do. We saw how bad the team were under Lampard, playing Iwobi in the position you suggest. I can’t see the club letting Alli near the team.
You're spot on about Doucoure energy, it was definitely missed.

I won't get into an argument about Iwobi in the advanced midfielder role as he's not played there that often. A lack structure under lampard meant he was popping up all over the shop with little or no discipline.

You and MikeH are pretty adamant on Alli never playing for us, I'm a little more optimistic, but that's just me.

I'm a sunny disposition type of person.

I know no one does a debacle like everton and im glad we're targeting new wingers but the fact a new striker that is capable of leading the line and starting now once again for the 3rd year is nauseating , along with the fact we keep revisiting past targets instead of devising other viable options. I'm glad kenwright was kept on to utilize his transfer savvy to swiftly land our recruitment objectives.....

I won't get into an argument about Iwobi in the advanced midfielder role as he's not played there that often. A lack structure under lampard meant he was popping up all over the shop with little or no discipline.

You and MikeH are pretty adamant on Alli never playing for us, I'm a little more optimistic, but that's just me.

….it’s not about being a ‘sunny disposition’, thats been a major problem with Everton’s transfer dealings. We need to be hard nosed and more efficient.

It was high risk taking Alli and he carries greater risk now. I wish the lad well with his personal issues, but we need to get him off our books asap & I’m afraid that means paying him to do nothing until next summer.

And rightly so. Although a pessimist is never disappointed 😞

People really need to stop talking about Iwobi in the center, he is so disjointed from his fellow cms when he plays there. I actually don't mind the lad, but he is not and never will be a CM.
Nor is he a left or right sided midfielder either. I think in his own head, at least, he'd want to play as a number ten, but we all know that's an unlikely scenario here.

If I had to choose the best position that he will potentially play here, it would be the CM role - it was when he looked his best for us (think of that purple patch).

Personally, Doucouré gets a raw deal from many of our fans: he ain't perfect, yet we're far better off when he's in the team with his energy and dogidness.

….it’s not about being a ‘sunny disposition’, thats been a major problem with Everton’s transfer dealings. We need to be hard nosed and more efficient.

It was high risk taking Alli and he carries greater risk now. I wish the lad well with his personal issues, but we need to get him off our books asap & I’m afraid that means paying him to do nothing until next summer.
If course it was high risk, and If it was me making the decision I wouldn't have done it.

It's done, and what You/Me/Mike and everyone else who posts here thinks, it will have absolutely no impact on what the management team decide.

It's a bit like when some knob last summer boldly claimed the Gbamin 'would never play professional football again' and repeated the claim multiple times.

We don't know.

Anyway, this has got sidetracked. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back