Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broja is a myth - contributed so so little and is a perpetual injury risk.
Beto is one that would improve us but we aren't going to get him for the fee touted (Udinese's starting striker is hardly going to come here on the cheap).
Antonio is washed but will do for one season, after that he'll be a glorified Rondon.
Iheanacho and Daka are much more realistic, Daka more so than Iheanacho given how well liked Iheanacho is at Leicester

Maybe mate. It’s all quite subjective really. Kevin Campbell is a great example of someone who didn’t seem like a great signing but definitely was, Marcus Bent too…:

Hard to know who we can get and how they will perform once they get in.

I was just responding to another poster who asked for 5 targets, I’ve no clue how they would do or if they’re realistic or even what our options are.

Transfers are a difficult job and probably all the more tricky when it’s Everton. I’m still hopeful of 2 or 3 more coming in and 3-4 out.

Maybe mate. It’s all quite subjective really. Kevin Campbell is a great example of someone who didn’t seem like a great signing but definitely was, Marcus Bent too…:

Hard to know who we can get and how they will perform once they get in.

I was just responding to another poster who asked for 5 targets, I’ve no clue how they would do or if they’re realistic or even what our options are.

Transfers are a difficult job and probably all the more tricky when it’s Everton. I’m still hopeful of 2 or 3 more coming in and 3-4 out.
We can't say we haven't tried for a striker this summer, we have been linked to numerous names and all decent ones. Getting them to come here is a different story though, we have fought off relegation for the past 2 seasons and we have little in the way of cash to put upfront and need to structure our deals in a way which is not enticing towards the selling club. Also another fact (which isn't popular on here but it is a fair point) a lot of young players are not going to want to play in a setup where they are just chasing balls aimlessly up top and holding the ball up, the majority of teams just don't play like that anymore hence it's hard to find a player fitting that profile.

We can't say we haven't tried for a striker this summer, we have been linked to numerous names and all decent ones. Getting them to come here is a different story though, we have fought off relegation for the past 2 seasons and we have little in the way of cash to put upfront and need to structure our deals in a way which is not enticing towards the selling club. Also another fact (which isn't popular on here but it is a fair point) a lot of young players are not going to want to play in a setup where they are just chasing balls aimlessly up top and holding the ball up, the majority of teams just don't play like that anymore hence it's hard to find a player fitting that profile.
It's not as hard if you make it a priority

Broja of absolutely no interest to me this summer. He's in last summers pile with Harry Winks and Ross Barkley!
Che Adams is the one who makes sense. We have to remember lads, DCL is first choice and hopefully Dyche has him sorted, but, even if DCO does DCL things and is injured a lot, Che comes in as a 9 who can hold up the ball and bring our much, much improved forward unit into play. We won't be depending on him scoring 20 goals, he won't, but he might have 15-20 goal involvements. That would be sweet.
It's a new team up front now.

Name 5 who are realistic and would improve us up front.
I'd be surprised if theyve not had a look at En-Nesyri from Sevilla. He looks to have a bit about him, can hold the ball up, decent in the air and is fast enough. Sevilla reportedly in financial trouble so I'm sure they'd be open to a deal - the only question is, would he come to us?

Name 5 who are realistic and would improve us up front.
Kieffer Moore I’d take a chance on him over Maupay,
Cameron archer same.
Ellis Simms who we sold an equalled his output in a 5th of the minutes
Cannon who’s not going to get a game
Chermiti
I’d be shocked if any of them didn’t out perform Maupay last season he offers nothing on the ball or off the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back