Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea's best chance of not breaching FFP is selling players which they brought through their academy. Those players are:-

Trevor Chalobah
Levi Colwill
Reece James
Ian Maatsen
Armando Broja
Conor Gallagher
Lucas Bergstrom
Eddie Beach
Lewis Hall
Hudson-Odoi

who would you take?

Chelsea's best chance of not breaching FFP is selling players which they brought through their academy. Those players are:-

Trevor Chalobah
Levi Colwill
Reece James
Ian Maatsen
Armando Broja
Conor Gallagher
Lucas Bergstrom
Eddie Beach
Lewis Hall
Hudson-Odoi

who would you take?
Colwill has just signed a 6 year contract so that won’t be happening and would be way to expensive.

Broja would be the best option but it’s a risk as he had a bad injury

Trevor Chalobah
Levi Colwill
Reece James
Ian Maatsen
Armando Broja
Conor Gallagher
Lucas Bergstrom
Eddie Beach
Lewis Hall
Hudson-Odoi

who would you take?
That Maatsen is a highly rated left back if I recall correctly (could be wrong). Definitely not the priority but could be the long term answer after Young. Probably the only realistic one for us there actually. They were after Broja for so long, touting him as the closest thing to Richy after he left (don’t see it myself), but if they were open to letting him go on a loan or low fee (unlikely) I probably would take him considering the amount of scouting that went on. It’s a shame that Chelsea have hoarded every position but striker - they may be more unwilling to let their current only cover leave

I'd be surprised if theyve not had a look at En-Nesyri from Sevilla. He looks to have a bit about him, can hold the ball up, decent in the air and is fast enough. Sevilla reportedly in financial trouble so I'm sure they'd be open to a deal - the only question is, would he come to us?
havent heard of him till now

enjoyed his youtube reels. lotsa dcl style headed goals.

can someone email our dof to do a deal
would be the first time we had 2 youseffs

Plenty of strikers around the world or in the Championship that would love to play in the Prem. It’s been clear for a LONG time that we need to bring one in, the time for excuses has gone now.
Yes I agree but we are an utter basket case of a club and the evidence so far suggests that the some of the strikers we have profiled would prefer to go elsewhere than come to us (Boniface, EBT) We are not an attractive proposition to players and I'm 80% convinced we will end up with an Adams on deadline day or someone similar.

We have to remember lads, DCL is first choice and hopefully Dyche has him sorted
Sorry but 2 years in and out he can’t be first choice we should be signing a striker to be first choice if he stays fit he can battle it out for the starting spot and we have 2 striker to choose between like Fulham at the weekend Jimenez and Mitrovic not a bad pair to choose from.

We should be signing Lukaku on loan.

He’s probably on £250k a week, covering that would be £13m and I imagine he’s picky on which clubs he’d join now.

With players like McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison, Iwobi, and possibly Gnonto too we’d be creating all sorts of chances for us.

A guaranteed 15 goals a season.

More on Lukaku, last season he scored at a rate of a goal every 166 mins in the league for Inter. 3 goals in 177 mins for them in the CL.

Get him home, get him into shape, and we’d be flying with him and DCL as our main striker options.

We should be signing Lukaku on loan.

He’s probably on £250k a week, covering that would be £13m and I imagine he’s picky on which clubs he’d join now.

With players like McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison, Iwobi, and possibly Gnonto too we’d be creating all sorts of chances for us.

A guaranteed 15 goals a season.

Highly unlikely but I’d definitely be asking the question.

You have to also judge a transfer window partly on the points won and lost in August. We are never ready to start a season well due to poor recruitment and delays with getting the right players in. This transfer window has already been a failure for me because we lost 3 big points simply through not having a good striker available to play in a game we should be winning at home.

Judge us at the end of the window is only a phrase used by disorganised, and badly ran clubs. The league starts at game 1, not game 5.
I’m not disagreeing with your point but my point about judging at the end was about financial priority and the offer for Gnonto. We won’t know if that is sensible until other business is done- spend 20m on Gnonto and the same or more on a striker then happy days. Spending big on Gnonto then penny pinching on the striker would be madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back