Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No takers for Balogan yet, I know he said he doesn't want to go on loan again but it's worth a go. A loan with option to buy if the price was OK.

They value him at £50mill. Can't see anyone paying that. Fulham are looking at him apparently.

Will be a last day of the window one I think with Arsenal bending over

We should be signing Lukaku on loan.

He’s probably on £250k a week, covering that would be £13m and I imagine he’s picky on which clubs he’d join now.

With players like McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison, Iwobi, and possibly Gnonto too we’d be creating all sorts of chances for us.

A guaranteed 15 goals a season.

More on Lukaku, last season he scored at a rate of a goal every 166 mins in the league for Inter. 3 goals in 177 mins for them in the CL.

Get him home, get him into shape, and we’d be flying with him and DCL as our main striker options.

He isn’t a “guarantee” of anything. Chelsea bought him thinking he’d guarantee 15-20 goals, he got 8 and they can’t get rid of him. Honestly burns my head out that people think we’d be signing the 2017 version of Lukaku. You say “get him into shape” like the 3 stone of muscle he’s packed on will just fall off him overnight too.

Chelsea's best chance of not breaching FFP is selling players which they brought through their academy. Those players are:-

Trevor Chalobah
Levi Colwill
Reece James
Ian Maatsen
Armando Broja
Conor Gallagher
Lucas Bergstrom
Eddie Beach
Lewis Hall
Hudson-Odoi

who would you take?
Lewis Hall over all the rest, unfortunately Newcastle have bought him.

He isn’t a “guarantee” of anything. Chelsea bought him thinking he’d guarantee 15-20 goals, he got 8 and they can’t get rid of him. Honestly burns my head out that people think we’d be signing the 2017 version of Lukaku. You say “get him into shape” like the 3 stone of muscle he’s packed on will just fall off him overnight too.
3 stone of muscle is fine for the type of player he is, which is a goal scorer.

Not just that but it’s not even a given that Rom would entertain coming back here, especially with Moshiri still involved with the club

Kev should be looking for more young international prospects and lower league.

It'll be great if we get Gnonti but even better if we could get the next Gnonti at the 4 mill marks as opposed to 30 mill. There'll be some young South American diamond picked up by the likes of Brighton, Leeds or Southampton and we seemingly are never in that market. We need more Muller's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back