Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Maatsen is a highly rated left back if I recall correctly (could be wrong). Definitely not the priority but could be the long term answer after Young. Probably the only realistic one for us there actually. They were after Broja for so long, touting him as the closest thing to Richy after he left (don’t see it myself), but if they were open to letting him go on a loan or low fee (unlikely) I probably would take him considering the amount of scouting that went on. It’s a shame that Chelsea have hoarded every position but striker - they may be more unwilling to let their current only cover leave
Maatsen looks good alright, but only attacking LB cover so they'd not sell
I wouldn't go for Broja now, could have lost a lot in the time he was out
Played a lot less than Dom last 2
We need to splash cash

Chelsea's best chance of not breaching FFP is selling players which they brought through their academy. Those players are:-

Trevor Chalobah
Levi Colwill
Reece James
Ian Maatsen
Armando Broja
Conor Gallagher
Lucas Bergstrom
Eddie Beach
Lewis Hall
Hudson-Odoi

who would you take?
They were asking for £40m for Broja, a striker who doesn't score goals. I doubt raiding their academy players is feasible.

Chelsea's best chance of not breaching FFP is selling players which they brought through their academy. Those players are:-

Trevor Chalobah
Levi Colwill
Reece James
Ian Maatsen
Armando Broja
Conor Gallagher
Lucas Bergstrom
Eddie Beach
Lewis Hall
Hudson-Odoi

who would you take?
Yeah I'd be all over that Reece James me. Fairly sure he'd jump at the chance too after his previous success in the NW with Wigan

We should be signing Lukaku on loan.

He’s probably on £250k a week, covering that would be £13m and I imagine he’s picky on which clubs he’d join now.

With players like McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison, Iwobi, and possibly Gnonto too we’d be creating all sorts of chances for us.

A guaranteed 15 goals a season.

More on Lukaku, last season he scored at a rate of a goal every 166 mins in the league for Inter. 3 goals in 177 mins for them in the CL.

Get him home, get him into shape, and we’d be flying with him and DCL as our main striker options.

Bring a blue home

You can't force but we are reportedly bidding 25m for Gnonto you aren't telling me there isn't a striker in world football we could convince to sign for us?! Footballers around the world want to play in the EPL.
We have gone after strikers and they don't want to come here or their clubs won't accept our offer, unless you want some utter yard dog the majority of modern day strikers are not going to want to chase aimless long balls holding it up for others. Also none of us know if these players are being told if they come in and are being offered a first team place or a backup option to Dom. It's an issue that has gone on under different managers and different DoF's and hasn't been dealt with. I said earlier that I wouldn't put it past dumb and dumber to be insisting on him as the club talisman, hardly be the first time they have interfered with first team affairs would it.

We should be signing Lukaku on loan.

He’s probably on £250k a week, covering that would be £13m and I imagine he’s picky on which clubs he’d join now.

With players like McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison, Iwobi, and possibly Gnonto too we’d be creating all sorts of chances for us.

A guaranteed 15 goals a season.

More on Lukaku, last season he scored at a rate of a goal every 166 mins in the league for Inter. 3 goals in 177 mins for them in the CL.

Get him home, get him into shape, and we’d be flying with him and DCL as our main striker options.
As much as I love Rom and would love to see him back at Everton, I really don't think we are in a position to pay a 13m loan fee for a season.

And a deal like that would another hugely short term move as well and we've tried that route too many times and it hasn't worked.

As much as I love Rom and would love to see him back at Everton, I really don't think we are in a position to pay a 13m loan fee for a season.

And a deal like that would another hugely short term move as well and we've tried that route too many times and it hasn't worked.
Yep - never go back - we have tried it before with managers & players - I have yet to see it work .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back