Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev should be looking for more young international prospects and lower league.

It'll be great if we get Gnonti but even better if we could get the next Gnonti at the 4 mill marks as opposed to 30 mill. There'll be some young South American diamond picked up by the likes of Brighton, Leeds or Southampton and we seemingly are never in that market. We need more Muller's.

I agree though I would also say we aren't in a position to sign someone who needs 6 months to bed into be position. We've signed Chermitti who is the long term successor to DCL and will take time to come good, but if we're going to spend money on a player now, they ought to be good enough to make the squad from the off.

We need to have the right balance in the squad, whilst also competing at a high level

I forgot we signed an old aged pensioner looking for a last pay day, a crock who won’t be fit for weeks and wanted to go to Villa, a reject from Spurs who had already rejected us but is so desperate has now come back, and a 3rd rate player who failed to make an impression
Young - Been one of our best performers in pre season, a cheap experienced addition to a needed place on the pitch.
Harrison - Been injured 4 times in his entire career, last time was 5 years ago.
Danjuma - I would have rejected us as well in January, we were a mess, however he can score goals and adds something different to the team as well as versatility.
Chermiti - A young lad who is still learning his trade 'failed to make an impression' he's been here like 2 weeks.

We should be signing Lukaku on loan.

He’s probably on £250k a week, covering that would be £13m and I imagine he’s picky on which clubs he’d join now.

With players like McNeil, Danjuma, Harrison, Iwobi, and possibly Gnonto too we’d be creating all sorts of chances for us.

A guaranteed 15 goals a season.

More on Lukaku, last season he scored at a rate of a goal every 166 mins in the league for Inter. 3 goals in 177 mins for them in the CL.

Get him home, get him into shape, and we’d be flying with him and DCL as our main striker options.
I agree.

We'd be absolutely fine if we signed him.

I forgot we signed an old aged pensioner looking for a last pay day, a crock who won’t be fit for weeks and wanted to go to Villa, a reject from Spurs who had already rejected us but is so desperate has now come back, and a 3rd rate player who failed to make an impression
Unfortunately some people will find a fault in everything, and have completely unrealistic expectations.
I’d like to know you you think we could realistically have bought.

It never opened for us
Wait till the mad scramble last day/few hours trying to get people in and people out, think the next 10-12 days are just going to be rumour after rumour, link after link with very little in action so it looks like we go Sunday as we did Saturday, hope we get something done and don't waste the next 3 games

Broja is a myth - contributed so so little and is a perpetual injury risk.
Beto is one that would improve us but we aren't going to get him for the fee touted (Udinese's starting striker is hardly going to come here on the cheap).
Antonio is washed but will do for one season, after that he'll be a glorified Rondon.
Iheanacho and Daka are much more realistic, Daka more so than Iheanacho given how well liked Iheanacho is at Leicester

Antonio is better than Rondon. By miles .
Not saying he’s my first choice but he’s better than what we have at the moment

I agree though I would also say we aren't in a position to sign someone who needs 6 months to bed into be position. We've signed Chermitti who is the long term successor to DCL and will take time to come good, but if we're going to spend money on a player now, they ought to be good enough to make the squad from the off.

We need to have the right balance in the squad, whilst also competing at a high level
I'd agree but from recent experience that could well be the next Maupay or Rondon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back