Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a massive difference: I call Everton's owners out and correctly so...I dont do that to tee up the fans and call them criminals.

If I ever get my hands on that pencil-necked muesli eating get I'd slap his stupid face until my hand fell off.
1) No you wouldn't
2) If you did… well that’d certainly show him how wrong he was in his critique of our fans, eh?

Still feel we need see 3 come in atleast with the players linked adams, gnonto then another cb/cm. Then can argue about if we think went for the right cf but the club would have bought in attacking options.
We need a lot of bodies in to get mid-table, yes.

He doesnt hate Everton, hes paid money to write articles and IMO, hes written a very good 1 that hopefully shines some light on what a crapshow we are.
He made some decent points we have been mismanaged and if it puts any pressure on the owner and board to change, good. But his financial figures are out of date, we lost 45m last year and have been cutting costs, and it's wages and decline in commercial performance not spending on transfers, that has done for us. He also suggested it's the last few years no it's not, it dates back since Moshiri's take over the mismanagement and over spend in 2017/2018, but we haven't spent much net for three odd seasons, most of what we have spent if not more than has been recouped in sales.

The FFP case is around tax on a stadium so it's unlikely we get a points deduction in fact the EPL would do anything to make sure no club in the league gets a points deduction. So my guess would be a big fine and a window ban or squad reduction a suspended punishment at the worst. He didn't mention one of the main culprits in our Chairman, for most of the last thirty years. He didn't mention any potential positives on the horizon ie MSP or the stadium because he didn't want to spoil his line which was seemingly total negativity. Also it would have made more sense to write that article nearer the end of last season /or when we are undoubtedly struggling again not after one match. It read like many other pieces that were written last season with some extra biases thrown in there. We seem to be a club that's easy to kick right now, see the constant recycled drivel from the Daily Mail (no the stadium build isn't under threat it's ahead of schedule) yes they have brought it on themselves at the club, but there is a certain relish in these pieces that are often a rehash with some new bits of inaccuracy in there, it wasn't an Everton fan that wished Maupay's mother ill online.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back