Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) No you wouldn't
2) If you did… well that’d certainly show him how wrong he was in his critique of our fans, eh?
1. The financials tell you everything you need to know about how we’re run
2. They know enough to have seemingly insisted on a clean sweep of the board.

1) I'd be astonished if I'm young enough to be your son
2) Possibly, but you also (probably) won't have Liverpool and Chelsea lashing in 9 figure bids for players in the same position a few days before... which has a much more acute impact.

1. We clearly don’t have £72m
2. We don’t “have no plans to spend”

1) No you wouldn't
2) If you did… well that’d certainly show him how wrong he was in his critique of our fans, eh?
Keep plugging away my son, you'll soon get to number three.

God bless.

Win percentage is a stat used by simpletons who dont understand its a sport where draws exist.
Nobody makes europe or gets relegated based on their number of wins.
DCED927B-51EA-47A4-8A0F-581075E11BBD.webp

Amazing how wins = places

'Everton teeter on the brink'....with 37 matches to go.

That feller needs a good slap.
He certainly does, but he could probably also do with a big hug.
Remember statements like that, put out in the public, are probably our best chance of the club taking any note of what is right in front of them.

Mosh, Bill, they don't give a crap about the views of people like me or you.
But the more the spotlight shines on them from the business/media world, than they will be sweating there underpants...

( Also Dyche will use those kind of statements to rally 'Dads Army' !!

He certainly does, but he could probably also do with a big hug.
Remember statements like that, put out in the public, are probably our best chance of the club taking any note of what is right in front of them.

Mosh, Bill, they don't give a crap about the views of people like me or you.
But the more the spotlight shines on them from the business/media world, than they will be sweating there underpants...

( Also Dyche will use those kind of statements to rally 'Dads Army' !!
The club are thinking “we’ve survived 2 years spending no money and it’s worked so why change now”.

They know the fans will turn on the poor sap in the dugout before they apply any actual pressure on the board.

I see that Chairman Bill's normal Jedi Mind Trick re the transfer window is working as well as ever.

1) Go for targets that are out of our reach that the fans really want , be rejected , and then say that at least we tried.
2) As fan disappointment mounts , manage expectation levels , gradually , so that we expect much lower quality potential incomings.
3) As the window draws to a close , attempt to panic buy any old scruffs that are left on the market , as fans become increasingly desperate that , yet again , we have nobody to play up front , other than perma crocked DCL.
4) Fail to buy even any of the scruffs mentioned at 3) , as time has yet again run out on us despite working "tirelessly" on a number of targets (despite us all knowing that uniquely , we can never work on more than one at once).
5) Despite working tirelessly as at 4) , still manage to find time mysteriously to sell anyone remotely sellable , and then have no time to replace them e.g. Arteta , Gordon et al.
6) Promise fans that the unavoidable sale highlighted at 5) would leave extra funds to spend in the next transfer window , before said funds mysteriously evaporate into thin air.
7) Prepare to deal with fan discontent about said funds disappearing ,and the inevitable questions about "where's the Onana / Pickford money , Bill".

Rinse and repeat ad nauseum Bill. You are a true master !.

Not a rumour but…

I heard Gary Neville say during commentary on Spurs v Man Utd that, in his opinion, Man Utd want rid of McTominay.

Could we get him on loan wvtb?

Not a rumour but…

I heard Gary Neville say during commentary on Spurs v Man Utd that, in his opinion, Man Utd want rid of McTominay.

I don’t think they will let him out on loan unless they get a midfielder in & they prefer a £40mil sale for ffp reasons! Personally think he have better clubs & doubt he would give us a second look 👀

Not a rumour but…

Heard that too; was very critical of the United Board too, saying they have told 10Hags that he needs to sell in order to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back