Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I keep seeing people say we need 2 Strikers.

I dont think we do.

DCL defies medical science, then we have 2 Strikers on the bench and Iwobi and Doucs starting games.
DCL is injured, then we have 1 Striker playing, 1 Striker on the bench and Iwobi and Doucs starting games.

I said last season that we could have Haaland up top and he would be feeding on scraps, we need a midfielder who can pass a football.
Agreed. It's not just midfield though. We need quality everywhere. We saw against Villa how much of a weapon Digne's left foot is - none of our fullbacks or wide players has quality of delivery like that.

Beto isn't a technical player by any means, so he's not going to be making chances for himself or anyone else very often. We're probably going to be looking at McNeil and Harrison for crosses and Iwobi's 1-in-10 through balls as our only controlled ways of creating chances. Everything else will be down to hobbly bobbly shenanigans where we get the ball in the box and hope for the best. It's not great.

Definitely need to bring more creators in.

Currently, chances will mostly get created by McNeil, Iwobi and Harrison.

Patterson looked like he’s improving his delivery and Garner and Onana look like they’ve got assists in them too but I wouldn’t rely on them yet.

Someone like Sulemana would really help and I hope we can seal that deal

I dont think we do.

DCL defies medical science, then we have 2 Strikers on the bench and Iwobi and Doucs starting games.
DCL is injured, then we have 1 Striker playing, 1 Striker on the bench and Iwobi and Doucs starting games.

I said last season that we could have Haaland up top and he would be feeding on scraps, we need a midfielder who can pass a football.
Yeah agree was all about that today the center of the pitch lacks any quality being brave to take control of the play. Would love us to get an attacking mid who can do this just dont think the club will do it

Definitely need to bring more creators in.

Currently, chances will mostly get created by McNeil, Iwobi and Harrison.

Patterson looked like he’s improving his delivery and Garner and Onana look like they’ve got assists in them too but I wouldn’t rely on them yet.

Someone like Sulemana would really help and I hope we can seal that deal
Dont see it was patterson if honest same with young has the manager told them not to attack.

It would be so significantly improved if Garner was put in the centre and played alongside Doucoure and Gana.

Garner is the key to us having a functioning midfield in my eyes. He's the only one comfortable on the ball.

I just don't see it with Garner. Think it'll take a lot more than a shuffle in midfield.

I dont think we do.

A midfielder who can play will change everything (Dele)

Our midfielders are all safe and passive, they’ve no idea how to maintain pressure on a team when we’re having good possession.

Yeah agree was all about that today the center of the pitch lacks any quality being brave to take control of the play. Would love us to get an attacking mid who can do this just dont think the club will do it
If we sign another winger but not an attacking centre mid I could see McNeil shifted into this position, at least he's got a bit of quality on the ball and can strike a ball from distance. Possibly even Harrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back