Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree.
But with Garner in the middle getting on the ball it could at least link up defence and attack to the midfield.

Not one of Gana, Doucoure or Onana come for the ball off the defence or keeper.
Its cowardice.
The Garner I watched at Forest basically sat on the halfway line and would move between there and the no10 area (just in front of the box) and would spray passes either out wide to the likes of Johnson or try to slide balls through to the striker, and could also whip a decent cross in himself at times. We have never seen this player yet at Everton as he has never been allowed to play the role as he is always asked to play more of a defensive role.

Yup, plus a full back too please. But if we don't get the AM there are at least three players (McNeil, Harrison, Iwobi) I'd rather see in the 10 instead of Doucoure.
I think Doucoure could play behind in a box to box role I don’t want to criticise him he was certainly not our worst player today but we need a bit more quality and weight of pass in his position

I think Doucoure could play behind in a box to box role I don’t want to criticise him he was certainly not our worst player today but we need a bit more quality and weight of pass in his position
Yeah, if we are aiming for 2 players per position I would make the 2 defensive / b2b midfielders between Doucoure / Gana / Garner / Onana. That's more his position. I'm sure he even said in an interview over the summer he expected to be playing deeper this season.

So we were almost signing Adams at the start of the week, pulled out of that deal and went with Beto instead, Adams was going to be between around 18M max while Beto is being reported as around 30M, is it because of Gray's move to KSA being agreed during that time so we added that money on Adam's money and ended up with Beto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back