Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he better than coady though...I don't get that one because for me if we end up with Saiss then surely we should have triggered the buy option on coady.
It’s not necessarily about better, they are two completely different players with different characteristics, Coady wasn’t what Dyche wanted, Saiss might be.

Does this thread feel largely pointless to anyone else at the current time? I just can't get excited about it knowing we're an absolute shambles at running a football club.

We all know how it ends... Davies and Gomes will be like new signings and we'll sell either Onana or Pickford for 30m on transfer deadline day.

Does this thread feel largely pointless to anyone else at the current time? I just can't get excited about it knowing we're an absolute shambles at running a football club.

We all know how it ends... Davies and Gomes will be like new signings and we'll sell either Onana or Pickford for 30m on transfer deadline day.
Of course it's pointless...that's the best thing about it. When reality kicks in round about the beginning of August we'll be longing for these glorious pointless days

Gyokeres doing the decent thing and saying he hopes Cov consider where he wants to go and not just who offers the most, and that he could have left in Jan but they wanted him to finish the season.

Clearly wants out rather than a new contract. Takes away all their bargaining power with just 1 year left and should keep the fee sensible and stop any notion of them getting £20m.

The shambolic nature of the club not ideal if it comes down to a fashion parade to try and secure him.

Gyokeres doing the decent thing and saying he hopes Cov consider where he wants to go and not just who offers the most, and that he could have left in Jan but they wanted him to finish the season.

Clearly wants out rather than a new contract. Takes away all their bargaining power with just 1 year left and should keep the fee sensible and stop any notion of them getting £20m.

The shambolic nature of the club not ideal if it comes down to a fashion parade to try and secure him.
Does he want to come to us though?

Im not even a fan of his but for the fee it seems an obvious deal to do -- especially with Simms as a £2.5mil makeweight.

City of Lisbon and Champions League football does sound nice.

Im not even a fan of his but for the fee it seems an obvious deal to do -- especially with Simms as a £2.5mil makeweight.
I'm very torn on him - there are some bits of his game that look really raw, but he's an absolute handful and seems to occupy almost an entire back 4

Would all depend on the price for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back