Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh that’s not quite how it works pal.
I suppose if you assume your readers are morons, you're probably right. And people rarely lose money by underestimating the public. I'm sure the site knows what it's doing.

My point is that I tend to avoid their articles now when I see the headlines. I accept that I may not be the average punter.

I know we all have varying opinions about how sourced these people are but the word out of Bobble, his co-host, Toffee TV and Paddy Boyland suggests we should not get excited about any of these links at all.

Sounds like we are completely and utterly skint. The way they are all talking, it wouldn't be worth holding out any hope at all for signings like Toure, Gnonto etc.

I noticed Toffee TV seemed to suggest that Rodrigo was close. Even if these people are fed lines from the club (not Toffee TV), it certainly sounds like Everton are getting excuses ready for another failed window.

If we need to sell someone so we can sign forwards then make the tough decision now and get it done.
We are not going to sell Pickford though (I'm not sure he would move anyway) and the initial interest that was there in Onana during the winter window seems to have now gone as those clubs seem to be looking at other targets.

I know we all have varying opinions about how sourced these people are but the word out of Bobble, his co-host, Toffee TV and Paddy Boyland suggests we should not get excited about any of these links at all.

Sounds like we are completely and utterly skint. The way they are all talking, it wouldn't be worth holding out any hope at all for signings like Toure, Gnonto etc.

I noticed Toffee TV seemed to suggest that Rodrigo was close. Even if these people are fed lines from the club (not Toffee TV), it certainly sounds like Everton are getting excuses ready for another failed window.
There are probably less than ten people who know Everton’s transfer budget right now. Everyone is guessing, some more educated than others, but the club won’t allow leaking of such commercially sensitive information. Take all transfer links with a pinch of salt, but do the same with anyone claiming to know what our budget is like.

I suppose if you assume your readers are morons, you're probably right. And people rarely lose money by underestimating the public. I'm sure the site knows what it's doing.

My point is that I tend to avoid their articles now when I see the headlines. I accept that I may not be the average punter.

It’s nothing to do with that. Why would you ever need to click on an article about transfer news if the title told you exactly what it was?

We are not going to sell Pickford though (I'm not sure he would move anyway) and the initial interest that was there in Onana during the winter window seems to have now gone as those clubs seem to be looking at other targets.
I think you're right about Pickford. The Onana stuff shows how most clubs are subject to the same rumours and idle speculation as us. Business is slow nearly everywhere

I think it depends on the payment upfront we havent really seen any strong links so far. Gyokores is looks like we walked away from it and the toure deal could be done like onana. Will be money spent this window like we did las summer wont be an easy window but i would be shocked if this club lets us go in with another failed window

It’s nothing to do with that. Why would you ever need to click on an article about transfer news if the title told you exactly what it was?
For detail, insight, and context. I'll happily explore such links then. But if something seems deliberately designed just to get the click rather than providing a little more depth than simply telling us who the "22-goal striker" that the headline omitted to tell us is, well, I'm less inclined to bother. That said, maybe it's not meant for an old fart like me. Horses for courses.

Last edited:

For detail, insight, and context. I'll happily explore such links then. But if something seems deliberately designed just to get the click rather than providing a little more depth than simply telling us who the "22-goal striker" that he headline omitted to tell us is, well, I'm less inclined to bother. That said, maybe it's not meant for an old fart like me. Horses for courses.
Here's 10 reasons why you should still click on the article. Number 7 will shock you...

Trust the process - remember we signed Ruben Vinagre out of nowhere last summer. That's the level of transfer we can look forward to

It’s odd that teams that were relegated are able to move players on for transfer fees yet we avoid relegation and can’t give players away for free.

It’s odd that teams that were relegated are able to move players on for transfer fees yet we avoid relegation and can’t give players away for free.

I mean it’s not odd. They’re talents from relegated teams. Same way if we tried to sell Onana and Garner then we could also sell them. It’s not like they’re getting millions for an Adam Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back