Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you honestly think either of the managers you mentioned would have taken the job with us? How did I devalue or belittle either manager by telling the truth about our situation? Dyche only took it because he's been in the same situation before.
That's not what you asked, when I answered. You asked what foreign managers had come into the league and been successful at teams outside the big teams because you couldn't think of one, I provided three examples and you said they weren't good enough examples. You have decided to conflate my answer with a previous argument you were having with another poster because you didn't like how easy it was for anybody to answer your lazy question.

Once again, you really, really like Dyche. Fair enough, not everyone else has to feel the same way.

I reckon we’ll be on the cusp of singing toure this time next week. My bet is that he will be officially announced when this thread is on page 994, id love to hear your bets on what page we’ll get our first signing

I think it depends on the payment upfront we havent really seen any strong links so far. Gyokores is looks like we walked away from it and the toure deal could be done like onana. Will be money spent this window like we did las summer wont be an easy window but i would be shocked if this club lets us go in with another failed window
I hope you're right mate but the club fails virtually every window. We always go into the season short in some key areas, and this year is probably the weakest squad we've had with one of the lowest budgets.

It’s odd that teams that were relegated are able to move players on for transfer fees yet we avoid relegation and can’t give players away for free.
The team that just avoids relegation is in the most awkward spot possible. Even if our finances were sound we would still be involved in that struggle to hold on to our talent, persuade others that our failing players are worth a punt and trying to appear as an attractive option to potential new recruits. There's an awful lot wrong at the top at Everton...so no excuses for them... but we are in a difficult position

I reckon we’ll be on the cusp of singing toure this time next week. My bet is that he will be officially announced when this thread is on page 994, id love to hear your bets on what page we’ll get our first signing
Not to get too nostalgic but I remember when 600 seemed an impossibility

That's not what you asked, when I answered. You asked what foreign managers had come into the league and been successful at teams outside the big teams because you couldn't think of one, I provided three examples and you said they weren't good enough examples. You have decided to conflate my answer with a previous argument you were having with another poster because you didn't like how easy it was for anybody to answer your lazy question.

Once again, you really, really like Dyche. Fair enough, not everyone else has to feel the same way.
Don't bother with him mate. He moved the goalposts about 5 times when having his little debate with me. Plus, I lost count of how many times I said we should agree to disagree, but he comes back with something else.

You know what these people are like: they goad you into responding by phrasing their post in a way that suggests that he has 'won' with some spurious point, which you don't want to let go. People like him are just a waste of energy.

It’s odd that teams that were relegated are able to move players on for transfer fees yet we avoid relegation and can’t give players away for free.
Because they have players other teams want.. we don't. Leciester certainly. We were lucky that they had Rodgers as manager for most of the season.. the biggest bluffer in football.

I know we all have varying opinions about how sourced these people are but the word out of Bobble, his co-host, Toffee TV and Paddy Boyland suggests we should not get excited about any of these links at all.

Sounds like we are completely and utterly skint. The way they are all talking, it wouldn't be worth holding out any hope at all for signings like Toure, Gnonto etc.

I noticed Toffee TV seemed to suggest that Rodrigo was close. Even if these people are fed lines from the club (not Toffee TV), it certainly sounds like Everton are getting excuses ready for another failed window.
I think most of us have fairly modest expectations to begin with.
We'll make some signings, they may be cheap and late, we'll have to see who we end up with.

If they were desperately skint you'd imagine talk of Onana or Pickford going would be ramped up by now.

Bobble is trustworthy but Boyland is from The Arthritic. With him and O'Keeffe, its either no news or bad news when Everton are concerned,

If we're skint and end up with very little, then it won't be even worth bothering this season. I know MSP are investing primarily in the stadium but surely they can see the writing on the wall unless some of the money is spent on the team, together with whatever other pennies we can scrape together.

If not, then all that's gone before to keep us up last season and their investment has been a massive waste of everyone's time.

I do. Most managers with any grit would want a PL job.
Managers and players don’t ‘dream’ of being in the PL they dream of getting the lucrative contract regardless of who they sign for.

Saudi as if we needed proof proves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back