Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right mate. Just commenting on the general theme of extreme doom and gloom. I do feel like the club are letting it be known that it's a difficult window (the classic 'bloodbath' phrase we keep hearing) and that we have no money, or can't spend until MSP are in the house.

Just feels like it's a ducks in a row job for several ready made excuses for failure to me.
I've got the feeling we may spend a few quid on a forward but we're crying poverty to the press so other clubs know they can't pull are pants down.

There are probably less than ten people who know Everton’s transfer budget right now. Everyone is guessing, some more educated than others, but the club won’t allow leaking of such commercially sensitive information. Take all transfer links with a pinch of salt, but do the same with anyone claiming to know what our budget is like.

Part of me is expecting mosh to disclose our budget on talk sport with Jim white

You could be right mate. Just commenting on the general theme of extreme doom and gloom. I do feel like the club are letting it be known that it's a difficult window (the classic 'bloodbath' phrase we keep hearing) and that we have no money, or can't spend until MSP are in the house.

Just feels like it's a ducks in a row job for several ready made excuses for failure to me.
Thank God we have Chairman Bill at the helm then ay.

That athletic article is sobering reading. Bit of a reality check. We basically are scrambling for loans and frees. Squad is threadbare already.

I think I’m right in saying we are permitted four loans, if come September we haven’t got four loan signings in, Thelwell hasn’t done his job. AGAIN.
If all the players at the end of their contracts leave and we sell all the mediocre players and don't buy anybody, will we have a team and subs for Game 1?

Dyche has just collected a £3.5m payoff for keeping the club in the PL and if the club are not going to back him with what he needs he would do well for his own sanity to just walk away imo.

I'll put a few key bits from Boyland's article here:

MSP’s expected arrival on the scene would not, however, have any immediate impact on Everton’s FFP situation. The only way out there is a strategy that involves cashing in on assets — most likely at all levels, including selling from the youth ranks — where possible, combined with sensible, sustainable recruitment.

Even at this stage in proceedings, Everton’s recruitment team are working on a beg, borrow and steal policy, scouring the market for loans, free transfers and budget signings.

Others may well still depart, with Onana on the radar of a host of Premier League clubs, including West Ham. Demarai Gray has been courted by Saudi and Premier League sides, while Ellis Simms is in demand at Championship level. Only once there have been sales from that number is the dial likely to move when it comes to new signings.

Aware of the challenges to come, a sizeable number of players have already started their preparations for the new campaign in earnest.

Talismanic striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been working with a pioneering neuro-training clinic in Munich as he bids to put his long-standing injury problems behind him. Onana has also been working with a neuro trainer during his holidays in the United States, while Nathan Patterson returned early to Finch Farm this summer for individual training.

Seems very much a go with what we've got vibe unless we get some serious sales. I presume Boyland wrote this between his shifts manning the phones for the Samaritans.

That's not what you asked, when I answered. You asked what foreign managers had come into the league and been successful at teams outside the big teams because you couldn't think of one, I provided three examples and you said they weren't good enough examples. You have decided to conflate my answer with a previous argument you were having with another poster because you didn't like how easy it was for anybody to answer your lazy question.

Once again, you really, really like Dyche. Fair enough, not everyone else has to feel the same way.
Successful as in they've won what exactly? As successful as Moyes was with us? Ask Arsenal supporters how successful Emery was. The other two. One took over a ready made team Potter left and Frank got Brentford promotion. Bit like Dyche did at Burnley. I'm not a lover of Dyche as our manager,but after keeping us up with the squad at his disposal he deserves at least two windows to get a squad together that will comfortably get us to BM in the Prem.

Dyche has just collected a £3.5m payoff for keeping the club in the PL and if the club are not going to back him with what he needs he would do well for his own sanity to just walk away imo.
This is Dyche’s bread and butter, working in constrained environments. He’ll want new faces of course but he won’t be remotely fazed by this challenge.

Don't bother with him mate. He moved the goalposts about 5 times when having his little debate with me. Plus, I lost count of how many times I said we should agree to disagree, but he comes back with something else.

You know what these people are like: they goad you into responding by phrasing their post in a way that suggests that he has 'won' with some spurious point, which you don't want to let go. People like him are just a waste of energy.

Successful as in they've won what exactly? As successful as Moyes was with us? Ask Arsenal supporters how successful Emery was. The other two. One took over a ready made team Potter left and Frank got Brentford promotion. Bit like Dyche did at Burnley. I'm not a lover of Dyche as our manager,but after keeping us up with the squad at his disposal he deserves at least two windows to get a squad together that will comfortably get us to BM in the Prem.
I see what you mean, Dwight. Apparently Emery getting Villa into Europe from a relegation threatened spot in the league isn't success but Dyche getting Burnley there once (and relegating them twice) is, or something. He's not a Dyche fan but won't have anyone saying anything about him that isn't fulsome praise. I think I'll take your advice and pop him on ignore.

That athletic article is sobering reading. Bit of a reality check. We basically are scrambling for loans and frees. Squad is threadbare already.

I think I’m right in saying we are permitted four loans, if come September we haven’t got four loan signings in, Thelwell hasn’t done his job. AGAIN.
Wonder though why we supposedly bid for El Bilal even though it is a structured deal

Kin every window is a difficult window for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back