Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Dyche’s bread and butter, working in constrained environments. He’ll want new faces of course but he won’t be remotely fazed by this challenge.
No, not with this squad, it's far too unbalanced, and he doesn't have enough about him to take a risk in a tactical sense to try something a bit different that might work. We need reinforcements otherwise I don't see us getting out of the bottom 5 at all during the season.

I see what you mean, Dwight. Apparently Emery getting Villa into Europe from a relegation threatened spot in the league isn't success but Dyche getting Burnley there once (and relegating them twice) is, or something. He's not a Dyche fan but won't have anyone saying anything about him that isn't fulsome praise. I think I'll take your advice and pop him on ignore.
Villa had a decent squad that Gerard made a dog's breakfast of. But then why not ignore the mess he made at Arsenal as that doesn't suit your agenda.And where have I ever stated I wouldn't hear a word against Dyche? He's a limited manager but then we are a limited club. Wanting to see him fail is wanting Everton to fail. Call yourself an Evertonian?

Off Topic
No, not with this squad, it's far too unbalanced, and he doesn't have enough about him to take a risk in a tactical sense to try something a bit different that might work. We need reinforcements otherwise I don't see us getting out of the bottom 5 at all during the season.
It appears seeing him fail and consequently us fail will please you. Some Evertonian!

Villa had a decent squad that Gerard made a dog's breakfast of. But then why not ignore the mess he made at Arsenal as that doesn't suit your agenda.And where have I ever stated I wouldn't hear a word against Dyche? He's a limited manager but then we are a limited club. Wanting to see him fail is wanting Everton to fail. Call yourself an Evertonian?
You really are a self-parodying individual.

You get all huffy about the Dyche criticism, deny you are getting aggressive about it, then claim that because I'm not totally sold on him that "I want Everton to fail" and that I'm not a real Evertonian. You need a little lay down, wee man (I am assuming you are short because you are so angry).

Yep - that's the sole purpose for getting MSP onboard.. to contribute to the ever-inflating costs of the stadium.
While the running of the club and squad is a disaster seems like a stupid distraction to have while the main business isn’t even run properly. Blow our brains on a new stadium and get other people tied into the club just to be able to finish it while getting closer and closer to relegation what a club we’re 😂

I know we all have varying opinions about how sourced these people are but the word out of Bobble, his co-host, Toffee TV and Paddy Boyland suggests we should not get excited about any of these links at all.

Sounds like we are completely and utterly skint. The way they are all talking, it wouldn't be worth holding out any hope at all for signings like Toure, Gnonto etc.

I noticed Toffee TV seemed to suggest that Rodrigo was close. Even if these people are fed lines from the club (not Toffee TV), it certainly sounds like Everton are getting excuses ready for another failed window.

I thought as much when I saw them trying to ham up DCL at his rehab centre in Germany. Either way, there are still loans and free transfers and we’re now desperately short of bodies so they will need to get to work sharpish.

Obviously we need reinforcements and we’ll sign some. No manager could do anything with the present squad but it’s the start of July not the 12th of august. Dyche more than any manager will understand the difficulties of operating in the transfer market when you’re not the top of the food chain. He won’t be remotely panicking.

Because they have players other teams want.. we don't. Leciester certainly. We were lucky that they had Rodgers as manager for most of the season.. the biggest bluffer in football.
You appear to be the only person who understands my point. That squad is full of garbage that nobody wants, even on a free. With the exception of Pickford I wouldn’t care if we never saw any of them in an Everton shirt again. The entire squad should be available for transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back