Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not with this squad, it's far too unbalanced, and he doesn't have enough about him to take a risk in a tactical sense to try something a bit different that might work. We need reinforcements otherwise I don't see us getting out of the bottom 5 at all during the season.
That’s the spirit

Yeah looks like weve bid for Toure as per that article from their CEO

You'd assume the Italian clubs wont pay that much for him

I'll put a few key bits from Boyland's article here:

MSP’s expected arrival on the scene would not, however, have any immediate impact on Everton’s FFP situation. The only way out there is a strategy that involves cashing in on assets — most likely at all levels, including selling from the youth ranks — where possible, combined with sensible, sustainable recruitment.

Even at this stage in proceedings, Everton’s recruitment team are working on a beg, borrow and steal policy, scouring the market for loans, free transfers and budget signings.

Others may well still depart, with Onana on the radar of a host of Premier League clubs, including West Ham. Demarai Gray has been courted by Saudi and Premier League sides, while Ellis Simms is in demand at Championship level. Only once there have been sales from that number is the dial likely to move when it comes to new signings.

Aware of the challenges to come, a sizeable number of players have already started their preparations for the new campaign in earnest.

Talismanic striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been working with a pioneering neuro-training clinic in Munich as he bids to put his long-standing injury problems behind him. Onana has also been working with a neuro trainer during his holidays in the United States, while Nathan Patterson returned early to Finch Farm this summer for individual training.

Seems very much a go with what we've got vibe unless we get some serious sales. I presume Boyland wrote this between his shifts manning the phones for the Samaritans.
More pioneering neuro-training news, please! It's our only hope

No, not with this squad, it's far too unbalanced, and he doesn't have enough about him to take a risk in a tactical sense to try something a bit different that might work. We need reinforcements otherwise I don't see us getting out of the bottom 5 at all during the season.
I'm presuming a few will go and a couple will come in but, regardless, it's a relegation battle from Day One through till May for us.

So the Toure offer is at least real. Odd that the club are bidding tens of millions of pounds for players without first running it past Paddy Boyland and Toffee TV.
All have some truth to them can see boyland having links in the uk and the toffee tv lads dont seem to drop any new info is just after the other have said it. The bobble has go alot right, but the guy who first said the toure deal did get the onana deal first aswell. I have also seen the esk try and work out the money side of the club is all with some truth to them just dont all have the full story

So the Toure offer is at least real. Odd that the club are bidding tens of millions of pounds for players without first running it past Paddy Boyland and Toffee TV.
Well let's hope it is real as it shows some activity, but does it state that we are one of the clubs to have bid, or just that we are interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back