Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
But those two particular managers? As you say most would,but you have to think about their motivation. For quite a few it's just a big pay day (see Benítez)

Successful as in they've won what exactly? As successful as Moyes was with us? Ask Arsenal supporters how successful Emery was. The other two. One took over a ready made team Potter left and Frank got Brentford promotion. Bit like Dyche did at Burnley. I'm not a lover of Dyche as our manager,but after keeping us up with the squad at his disposal he deserves at least two windows to get a squad together that will comfortably get us to BM in the Prem.

I see what you mean, Dwight. Apparently Emery getting Villa into Europe from a relegation threatened spot in the league isn't success but Dyche getting Burnley there once (and relegating them twice) is, or something. He's not a Dyche fan but won't have anyone saying anything about him that isn't fulsome praise. I think I'll take your advice and pop him on ignore.

Villa had a decent squad that Gerard made a dog's breakfast of. But then why not ignore the mess he made at Arsenal as that doesn't suit your agenda.And where have I ever stated I wouldn't hear a word against Dyche? He's a limited manager but then we are a limited club. Wanting to see him fail is wanting Everton to fail. Call yourself an Evertonian?

It appears seeing him fail and consequently us fail will please you. Some Evertonian!

This is the transfer thread. Find another thread for this, please.

I mean they don’t name Everton.
He does

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 12.35.55.webp

Don't bother with him mate. He moved the goalposts about 5 times when having his little debate with me. Plus, I lost count of how many times I said we should agree to disagree, but he comes back with something else.

You know what these people are like: they goad you into responding by phrasing their post in a way that suggests that he has 'won' with some spurious point, which you don't want to let go. People like him are just a waste of energy.
Can we stop with all the manager chat - surely this is the wrong thread for that

Plus its a pointless debate, The club aren't going to make a change based on an internet warriors preferences.

By all means have the conversation, but have it in the Sean Dyche thread. This one is for the nothing that's happening on the transfer front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back