Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea was for the club to do well, new stadium and then sell, look how much clubs are valued at now.

Also why wouldn't you do it in front of everyone, hence why they are using a company called blue and white holdings where the money goes in and out of. Anyway just my personal opinion.

... Ashley young you say

It's been like that for years mate, Bill made a company up called True Blue Holdings, I think, to make sure his Theatre Company never got dragged in if Everton went into administration, when Kenwright was the owner.

The player comparison on the PL app has Myko beating Young in defensive stats, but not by a million miles. That uplift in Myko’s stats is probably down to 2 things

1. He had 5 more appearances
2 Everton had to defend a lot more than Villa did.

This isn’t any advocation for either player, we need better than either of them tbh.
In % terms
The one quoted above has it;
75% successful tackles Mykolenko
81% successful tackles Young

Be interested to see any other stats though

Bluewolf the reality is the reserve. We renegotiated payment terms with LO’R to fit what we could fund through player sells. Then we got the bridging loan from AJ Bell for another payment and next MSP…and then probably MSP again. The player sales this window 99% certainly are just funding the next tranches for Onana and McNeil. We are living hand to mouth. Desperate for cash flow.

You're forgetting the word 'Everton' in all of that.
Said a few years back we're a slush fund.
We aren't a mechanism for laundering - I would imagine there are plenty of other opportunities around Europe (particularly Eastern Europe) for doing that, which are lower profile ‘under the radar ways of doing it which are far more cost effective. I understand why there’s a suspicion of this, but I think that’s simply because people can’t believe how incompetent the people who own the club have been.

They aren't better. And if they are, it is by the tiniest of percentages - so what's the point of the financial outlay? If we are unable to scout or buy players that are significantly better, then our recruitment and negotiation teams, as well as our finances really are pathetic.

And if we can't do the above, then we should be investing in young potential. I haven't missed any point at all. We brought Walcott in because he was faster and 'better than our wide players'. Tosun because he was 'better than the strikers currently at the club'. Gomes because he was better than the likes of Schniederlin. Iwobi because he was better than the wide players we had (and I know he's done alrightish in the end, but the point stands), Maupay because he was better than having no back-up for DCL.

Should I go on?
I agree….no one thinks upgrades are going to be 100% better, and I think we all appreciate the incremental nature of how we are going to have to improve but to quantify it by way of an illustration, brining someone in who 1-2% better isn’t really going to cut the mustard. We need to bring in players where there is clear daylight in how much better they are than what we currently have. They have to pass the eye test, and not the marginal stats test.

There is zero need to be angry. Were any of us in any doubt that we’d have zero money this window?
It would seem that people through pt that because we narrowly escaped relegation for the second time, that the club would just buy out of desperation….without looking at 1) cash flow being turned off 2) the upcoming cost of the stadium. There’s a reason that once again something significant is happening at the club over thr transfer window when this investment would have been done at any time. It’s a convenient ruse for them not to do any meaningful business. MSP have been in the shop looking at our goods since before January and it just happens to be now…during the transfer window that they are completing their investment. It also explains why the KT interview video hasn’t been released. Charlatans the lot of them.

Yeah, I've seen that but I dont actually believe that's the case.

Because if we didn't sell Gordon then what would we of done?

The plan to fund the stadium cant include player sales Because you can't guarantee someone will buy them.

Seems a bit coincidental to me, "we need £40m to fund the stadium, oh good Newcastle has just bid that exact amount on one of our players". "Now we need another £25m for the stadium, luckily juventus has just activated the option to buy kean early which is the exact amount we need again".

Doesn't fit right but I suppose if any club would be trying to fund a stadium by flying by the seat of its pants it would be us.
I genuinely believe that’s exactly what they are doing….they are using any net player sales, to go towards the stadium cost and follow up instalments of last year’s transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back