Summer transfer window 2023

Why? Last season we bought Onana out the blue when everyone was saying we had ‘no money’.
This was the same window we spent on Maupay, McNeil, Coady loan, Garner by the way.

My take is that we might be skint for a premier league team but we’re still a premier league team with all that tv and other money coming in. We also have a lower wage bill than last season with Mina and co. gone…
In fairness we did get a nice wedge from Spurs for Richarlson.

1690195865763.png

1690195882671.png

I think he tried but it was too hot to handle, bit of a hot wire I believe.

We know Richie was to cover the books for the year before though.

In my view we are in pretty much the same boat as last season following selling Gordon in jan rather than in June like Richie. Sink expect us to spend a similar amount to last season, in a similar way of instalment payments for most players.
Hard to know until we actually spend some money. I still expect us to sell Holgate and Gray as well, maybe for a combined 20m. Hopefully we can move on a few other players as well and get some more cash.

We haven't bought a player in 11 months, and have made quite a few sales. Until we see a player brought in for a reasonable fee, we won't know if we have money or not.

Is Gnonto better than Gray?

Other than at Goodison when we beat them/Coleman got the better of him - I've not seen Gnonto play.

Gray is incredibly selfish while Gnonto seems like he enjoys playing in a team.

Imagine we add El-Bilal Toure AND a Gnoto / Ndiaye type, in addition to Danjuma.

I genuinely reckon we're finishing 7th :drunk:

El Bilal + Gnonto and we'll have them + Onana + Garner + Branthwaite down the spine.

Doesnt get more long term than that with Tarkowski and Pickford to add experience.

Would be very positive indeed.

Hard to know until we actually spend some money. I still expect us to sell Holgate and Gray as well, maybe for a combined 20m. Hopefully we can move on a few other players as well and get some more cash.

We haven't bought a player in 11 months, and have made quite a few sales. Until we see a player brought in for a reasonable fee, we won't know if we have money or not.
Yeah I agree, for me the purpose of some of the sales is to offer greater down payments which makes it easier for master negotiator Bill.

I think the reason it takes so long to see players through the door is that we can’t offer big down payments so clubs are happy to wait it out for longer to see if another club comes in without all the wrangling about 50p per day or 20 quid in 5 years etc.