Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ‘dream’ of course is still to pursue the Dia for Maupay deal if that’s actually on the table. You’re not bloating the position and get a pacey striker to rotate when Dom is inevitably injured. I can see is selling Dom so moving forward you’d have Dia and the Portuguese lad as the 2 main options to build around.

Probably pipe dream, but some sort of pace is still needed in the attack, be it tete, Iling-junior, gnoto (just to use prior mentioned names)

A plethora of exciting big strikers incoming to unveil the much anticipated 442. Just after we’ve spent the whole preseason perfecting the formation we’ve been fumbling with for the last decade.

"Despite having a contract running until 2027 with a release clause believed to be in the region of €80m (£69m), the teenager could leave for a figure of €20m (£17m) this summer according to the report."

Bit of a come down,makes you wonder.

Know nothing about Chermitti but the pedigree of Sporting has been excellent in recent years. And in relation to outlay is the kind of price range we should be more often operating in. Yes, it doesnt address the goal crisis in the immediate, but its got an eye on being an internal replacement in due time. Thats a cheaper way then having to fill an immediate absence or a position with no cover in future windows

Not knowing our finances available but I do think a case could be made to put the majority of resources now should go on RM/RW. We need goals but also some ball carriers entering the final third. Could a more assuring investment there check both those boxes adequately? We still need a striker but at this point I would try the loan market possibly over a permanent.

I also think we need another CB, think we could make a similar foresight deal in that area as Chermitti for a similar price. In front of goal is where we should continue to put most the focus but that is also a need.

Another striker and we'll have an embarrassment of riches up front. Tbh after having nobody up front for what feels like years being able to rotate between Chemo, wighurst, Che Guevara and Moopay is the stuff dreams are made of

"Despite having a contract running until 2027 with a release clause believed to be in the region of €80m (£69m), the teenager could leave for a figure of €20m (£17m) this summer according to the report."

Bit of a come down,makes you wonder.
Although encouraging that he even had that in place to start with.

I reckon with the addition of Gyokeres this summer Sporting are now pretty happy with their attacking options for the foreseeable, so not the end of the world if they manage to bank c.£13m plus addons for a 19 year old if he turns out well for us.

Also - and although I can't quite explain why I happen to think this - I reckon the club have got a pretty good relationship with Sporting in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back