Summer transfer window 2023

Since he’s been in the PL he has scored:
4 in 30
9 in 36
7 in 30
5 in 28

Pitiful. The season we bought Maupay he had just scored 8. Adams was outscored last season by McNeil and Gray.
7-9 goals would be pretty decent for us if he can match those seasons it’s not bad at all for the price it’s not like we were ever going to be bringing in someone to score 15 plus.

7-9 goals would be pretty decent for us if he can match those seasons it’s not bad at all for the price it’s not like we were ever going to be bringing in someone to score 15 plus.
I don't get this madness? If we scout a talented player from elsewhere, they MAY be capable of scoring 15 goals in the PL, we don't know, but they would also have the profile to get better too.

We KNOW Che Adams is incapable of scoring a decent amount in the PL and is extremely unlikely to get any better.

Absolutely moronic signing. But as I said, our fanbase do tend to worship terrible players, so he may be a fan's favourite for his running around.

I think the timing of the bid going in now might indicate we’ve gave up on Gnonto, only for us to try again on deadline day and fail valiantly.

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Southampton reject it and we are thick enough to go back with more, 15/16m. Maddening.
Would genuinely rather we paid more for Gnonto and went with DCL, Chermitti and Cannon than sign him.

Maddening is right.

I don't get this madness? If we scout a talented player from elsewhere, they MAY be capable of scoring 15 goals in the PL, we don't know, but they would also have the profile to get better too.

We KNOW Che Adams is incapable of scoring a decent amount in the PL and is extremely unlikely to get any better.

Absolutely moronic signing. But as I said, our fanbase do tend to worship terrible players, so he may be a fan's favourite for his running around.

I mean, it's not like we are given many option is it ? And we wouldnt be much use as fans if we had Haaland on our shirts.

Anyway, been wasting plenty of time on here over the break and I would say the general consensus has definitely not been pro-Adams.

Though I agree with your premise, it doesn't specifically have to be a 30odd mil gnonto, it could be someone else. If buying gnonto means we have to buy Adams whom we know is subpar then we should be finding better deals.
Both those players are from relegated sides, it's unimaginative, lacks due diligence, and is extremely frustrating because there is a straight line drawable from this kind of behaviour to the position we are in, and still we do it.
Gnonto looks busy and tricky, but there is no guarantee there's profit there for resale, we could be the only big profit sale.

Yes it could be someone else. The key point is that next summer we have alot out of contract and plenty will need replacing.

There has to be an eye on that this summer. So far...nothing.