Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time you were genuinely excited about an Everton signing? I can only think of two in 30 years. Lukaku and kanchelskis.

The musings of a depressed Evertonian

Yakubu, arteta ( only because he was classed as a wonder kid on champ man) Pinear ( because he was boss at Ajax on champ man) then kanchelskis ( he was my Fourier player on the world even at Man U) and lukaku …. Gerri sounded exciting too when we were linked

➡️ £716.6m total spend
⬅️ £400.3m total sales
💰 £316.3m total net spend

Everton’s net transfer spend since 2016/17
Funny how Sky and talksport never lead with that, but I guess it doesn’t make as good a statement as “half a billion spent” and battling relegation.

But it doesn’t take away from the fact we’ve spent it on absolute dross, and spend a fortune on wages

Funny how Sky and talksport never lead with that, but I guess it doesn’t make as good a statement as “half a billion spent” and battling relegation.

But it doesn’t take away from the fact we’ve spent it on absolute dross, and spend a fortune on wages
And it looks like we might be spending another 15M on another striker who dosent score goals. You couldn't make it up.

Just the three matches forfeited then so far this season. So, so strange that the club is willing to throw away points when they know we will definitely be there or there abouts when the relegation places are confirmed.

…..somebody at FF send me Thelwell’s transfer target list the day before the window opened;

IMG_6422.webp

....and they found this on his desk yesterday;

IMG_6423.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back