Summer transfer window 2023

He likes 442 so he needs quality options to be able to do it effectively

The striking options we've had are not good enough to play 2 of them. Thats why we were desperate for signings.

It’s a combination of two things though isn’t it? Do we have two striker to play a 4-4-2 who have the required quality and who compliment each other and if the answer is yes, is the midfield strong enough to sacrifice a player. I would argue that the answer to not is no.

do we have tho a strong enough midfield to do so?

Beto isn't a loan with obligation though, it's just a permanent sale that functions more or less the same as one in terms of payment structure so it's fine. In fact, that may factor into the thinking....

No I know this beto deal isn't a loan, but wouldn't be surprised if its something we do for a further addition.

do we have tho a strong enough midfield to do so?
I think with his 442 he expects to have only 2 central midfielders, with the two wide "midfielders" being players like McNeil and Harrison who work hard and track back, but get forward. He did a video on it thats on Youtube, where he talked about how he likes to set up the team. So in theory it would swap out one midfielder for a forward, and we would only need 2 of Garner, Onana, Doucoure, Gueye.

Looks like 2-3 more then!
Cheers Al

Beto looks to be the only signing Everton will make before the transfer window shuts with his medical currently “underway”, according to Alan Myers.

The Sky Sports journalist responded to questions on his personal Twitter account Sunday night (27 August) to report that it was “only Beto at present” on the cards at Goodison Park, adding that he “can’t see too much more” otherwise and that the club “won’t get” Che Adams if this deal is completed