Super Lee Carsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th Place! What about you?

I believe we have the infrastructure and the players to compete with Liverpool. I think we are short of one man. I hope Fernandes can do that job, but I doubt many here would see him as that player.

Well for someone who is very busy and can't be arsed, you seemed to spend some time writing that post.

I'm not having a go at you, so get down off your high horse. But you are expecting Carsley to last the season, he's no spring chicken, and we have a lot of games coming up.

Also did we not have money to spend during the summer that we never actually spent? I think we did. This would lead me to believe that we are not skint.

Maybe I think Carsley should be replaced because I don't rate him. There I said it. I don't think he is good enough for Everton and the players we have around him. Not trying to get a rise out of you, its just my opinon, and that is what forums are for. Stop getting irate and just accept it.

Ok, Carsley puts the boot in sure, but that's all he does. He doesn't score enough, he doesn't start attacks, he doesn't drive the team on, he doesn't take responsibility and is often found pointing and marking space rather than closing down.

I don't think a replacement defensive midfielder is like gold dust. I also believe if Moyes found someone he wanted, the money would be made available for him to buy that player.

I accept that we won't buy someone to replace Carsley now, although I suppose Joe Parkinson or Barry Horne could come in and do the Dogs of War replacement act for us.

Sue me for wanting more than a player who just [Poor language removed] into row Z all the time.

Yup i took a while becuase I'm not wasting any more time in dialogue with you. it was my final attempt to debate rather than bicker. Youve basically not responded to anything I've said in the post either.

End of Chat, you can have the last word. Youre right. He's rubbish. CARSLEY OUT!

What are you getting at?

Actually I think we should be putting Fernandes on the right, Arteta on the left. Cahill supporting AJ (if fit) and have Carsley and Neville in the centre. (I added Neville) - cos I think he will go 451.

Yup i took a while becuase I'm not wasting any more time in dialogue with you. it was my final attempt to debate rather than bicker. Youve basically not responded to anything I've said in the post either.

End of Chat, you can have the last word. Youre right. He's rubbish. CARSLEY OUT!

I know because I wasn't interested. You insulted me so why should I give you the respect.

I don't rate Carsley. He's done well to a point, but its down to Arteta, Lescott, Pienaar and Yakubu more than Carsley.

What are you getting at?

Actually I think we should be putting Fernandes on the right, Arteta on the left. Cahill supporting AJ (if fit) and have Carsley and Neville in the centre. (I added Neville) - cos I think he will go 451.

im not getting at anything cheif, Im just wondering what way you would play them.

Im just quite surprised that you are splurting you want carsley replacing yesterday when he has been the bedrock of what we have been acheiving this sesason. I think you need to read peoples post thouroughly because people are more or less agreeing with you but not at the moment when he is playing well and the side are doing well.

Well I'm not going to relax on a few recent performances. I actually thought he was at fault for the first Chelsea goal.

Those are the games where we need that extra quality, and as we have not beaten that many top 10 sides this season, I believe we need to upgrade that player.

Maybe its me, and I'm a little [Poor language removed] up, but I just don't see Carsley as a great Everton player. Maybe its me. I just want more.

Well I'm not going to relax on a few recent performances. I actually thought he was at fault for the first Chelsea goal.

Those are the games where we need that extra quality, and as we have not beaten that many top 10 sides this season, I believe we need to upgrade that player.

Maybe its me, and I'm a little [Poor language removed] up, but I just don't see Carsley as a great Everton player. Maybe its me. I just want more.

Its definitely you.

I want more and we will need more come the summer.

Its definitely you.

It's not ghost, I agree with him Carsley isn't amazing, its like some people a couple of months ago started brainwashing everybody with this Unsung hero crap.

He's good at what he does I'll admit that I just want him to do MORE then he does at the moment. One thing that really pisses me off and Ghost had just touched on it is when the other team scores and you come on here and read.

"Yeah it was definitely Yobo's fault, Carsley pointed at the runner"

Why doesn't he shift his ass instead of pointing? The amount of corners and stuff where he stands around pointing at players or marking space is criminal. However, at the moment there is no one at the club better then him in defensive midfield apart from Jags in the Derby he was outstanding that day.

It's the one position that needs improving for us to break into the top 4 I believe.

It's not ghost, I agree with him Carsley isn't amazing, its like some people a couple of months ago started brainwashing everybody with this Unsung hero crap.

He's good at what he does I'll admit that I just want him to do MORE then he does at the moment. One thing that really pisses me off and Ghost had just touched on it is when the other team scores and you come on here and read.

"Yeah it was definitely Yobo's fault, Carsley pointed at the runner"

Why doesn't he shift his ass instead of pointing? The amount of corners and stuff where he stands around pointing at players or marking space is criminal. However, at the moment there is no one at the club better then him in defensive midfield apart from Jags in the Derby he was outstanding that day.

It's the one position that needs improving for us to break into the top 4 I believe.

Question to you then Zero: Do you think he needs replacing in this January window and dropped for whoever his replacement is?!

Question to you then Zero: Do you think he needs replacing in this January window and dropped for whoever his replacement is?!

Not immediately no, the sooner we get someone in the better but he'll do till the end of the season....maybe next season at a push.

Edit- Just to make myself clear, I could live with Carsley being in the team he's doing alright, but if there is money there to spend I'd rather replace him then spend it on any other position.

Last edited:
Not immediately no, the sooner we get someone in the better but he'll do till the end of the season....maybe next season at a push.

Edit- Just to make myself clear, I could live with Carsley being in the team he's doing alright, but if there is money there to spend I'd rather replace him then spend it on any other position.

See I completely agree with you, lets wait till the end of season, Ghost wants ti done this window. I would much rather the money saved and spent during a period where players can be bedded in properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back