Super Lee Carsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benfica
Fernandes grew up in the Lisbon suburb of Amadora, where he would regularly play street football with current Manchester United winger Nani as a child.[1] . Fernandes joined Benfica's youth system and made his first-team debut during the 2003–04 season, under then-coach José Antonio Camacho. A defensive midfielder, he made an immediate impression on both Camacho and the Benfica supporters and became the club's second youngest ever goalscorer in only his second game.

Whilst playing for Benfica he earned the nicknamed 'Manelelé', following comments from Jose Mourinho stating that Fernandes was better than French midfielder Claude Makelele at the same age.

That was from Wiki -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Henriques_Fernandes

So the players that we have bought recently are not in the real world? Yak £11m - AJ £8m - Baines £6m - We had money for Fernandes £11m I would like to think we are not going to be in for the likes of Kilbane any more.

What a silly thing to say, contradict yourself there cheif.

How have I? I am trying to say that we should be looking to find players who match that quality in that position.

Yakubu is one of the best strikers in the Premiership, that is a fact. Is Carsley the best defensive midfielders in the premiership. Well I wouldn't think he is. He did great getting us where we are, but we need that jump in quality to take the team forward to the next level.

I gave you the opportunity to re read what you wrote there, you said we bought Yak 11m, AJ 8m and 11m for fernandes and then say I would like to think we arent going for players like Kilbane. You just highlighted we arent going for that sort of player- very silly writing.

Carsley is in our squad has been for a few years, so we arent 'going for him' we have him already. You argue for arguments sake, sometimes contradicting yourself even from other threads. You say you like to think we arent going for players like Kilbane after you started a thread about Routledge?! Go figure.

I gave you the opportunity to re read what you wrote there, you said we bought Yak 11m, AJ 8m and 11m for fernandes and then say I would like to think we arent going for players like Kilbane. You just highlighted we arent going for that sort of player- very silly writing.

Carsley is in our squad has been for a few years, so we arent 'going for him' we have him already. You argue for arguments sake, sometimes contradicting yourself even from other threads. You say you like to think we arent going for players like Kilbane after you started a thread about Routledge?! Go figure.

That's not what I meant and you know it. I am saying that Carlsey was the type of player we signed when we signed Kilbane. Journeymen. I highlighted that we need to look at signing players of the quality of Yak and AJ.

I actually think Routledge has the potential to be a very good player, otherwise I wouldn't have said it. Don't start with me mate, not in a good mood as it is.

Im not starting with you Im just highlighting that you contradicted yourself. The thing is again I agree with you to a degree but its this whole replace now thing, we are playing well and in really good shape- why rock the boat now. Appiah will be fit come the summer and in my eyes would be that replacement you long for.

YES AND WE ARE MOVING FORWARD!

PROGRESS WILL BE A GRADUAL PROCESS UNDER MOYES AND THE CURRENT BOARD BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY.

MOYES IS CLEARLY LOOKING TO SORT OUT A REPLACEMENT BUT SEEMS TO WANT TO SPEND THE MAJORITY OF HIS BUDGET ELSEWHERE

ERGO: DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD NOT A PRIORITY FOR US RIGHT NOW BECUASE CARS IS DOING A GOOD ENOUGH JOB

I will be very happy when Pirlo turns up at the goodison gates beggin Moyesy to sign him on a free. Until then I'm gonna stay in the real world

I hear what you are saying. Priority??? No, replacing immediately is not a priority for me either. But I am quite worried about coverage for Cars. Can anyone step into DM if he were to get injured tomorrow and provide the quality necessary to not miss a beat. Would the replacement even be close to Cars? The thought of a long-term knock on Carsley give me a sickish feeling for the form of the team. We should be grooming a replacement. As of now, there really is none. Maybe that is what Moyes is/was hoping for in Jagielka. More work required or on to plan B.

I don't think I have contradicted myself. I am basically saying we need to buy players of the calibre of Yak/Aj/Fernandes - but obviously a defensive midfielder of their level.

I am also saying we don't want to be looking at Kilbane level of player, and we don't want to be buying another Carsley. We need to move forward.

I don't see how I have contradicted myself there.

To be honest, not seen much of Appiah - but if he is the defensive midfielder you say he is, then sure I am up for that. But then its another African. Personally I think we already have the replacement in Fernandes. According to some experts he can be like Makalele, and that would do for me.

I hear what you are saying. Priority??? No, replacing immediately is not a priority for me either. But I am quite worried about coverage for Cars. Can anyone step into DM if he were to get injured tomorrow and provide the quality necessary to not miss a beat. Would the replacement even be close to Cars? The thought of a long-term knock on Carsley give me a sickish feeling for the form of the team. We should be grooming a replacement. As of now, there really is none. Maybe that is what Moyes is/was hoping for in Jagielka. More work required or on to plan B.

Carsley may remain injury free, but would his fitness last. People are talking about him for next season too. He won't last the pace. He ain't that good.

Strike Appiah from the list. He has some kind of blood problem and can't even head the ball for fear of massive haemorreging (I know, -5 for sp) in his brain. His contract has been cancelled by his club. Somebody posted a link to the article earlier this week on here.

Fernandes is the man. Maybe Moyes has had that thought in his mind. Because I personally don't believe we need another attacking midfielder.

So the players that we have bought recently are not in the real world? Yak £11m - AJ £8m - Baines £6m - We had money for Fernandes £11m I would like to think we are not going to be in for the likes of Kilbane any more.

I really cant be arsed with this any more, i've actually got better things to do than have to spell out everything several times and continually re-explain myself..... which I have realised is what actually makes you tick.

Just ignore my posts and i'll do the same to you eh.

I have taken issue with a couple of things in this thread, which i've tried to explain.

1) The idea that Carsley need replacing now, when he is playing really well.
2) The notion that he is the weak link in our side, when the side performs consistently better with him in it.
3) The idea that somehow he is hindering our "progress" in the short term, When we are on course for a second consecutive season fighting for Euro qualification
4) Dont forget the comparison to Vinny bleeding Jones

Re "The real world" comments:
1) Players who could be considered better than Carsley are like gold dust, and priced accordingly
2) The players we've brought in, and dont forget Lescott, Jagielka, and the rest, just backs up my point that we've probably not got much left in the kitty.
3) We have Pienaar and Fernandes on loan, lets assume "the Fernandes money" is earmarked for buying one or both of them. After all without both of them our depth in midfield looks shocking.

My personal view is that for now, I'd much rather have Jags or Neville covering for Carsley than have them playing alongside Carsley (or his replacement as cover for, say, an injured Mikel Arteta...

I have said on here for a long time we need to find an successor for Carsley, look back through to some of my first posts on this forum. But he continues to impress me with his performances and longevity.

Finally I would consider a second consecutive season in contention for the European spots as progress. And I can accept, and even enjoy, the fact that we are doing it in a slower but more "dignified" fashion, rather than throwing money we dont have at a problem we havent yet got.

I really cant be arsed with this any more, i've actually got better things to do than have to spell out everything several times and continually re-explain myself..... which I have realised is what actually makes you tick.

Just ignore my posts and i'll do the same to you eh.

I have taken issue with a couple of things in this thread, which i've tried to explain.

1) The idea that Carsley need replacing now, when he is playing really well.
2) The notion that he is the weak link in our side, when the side performs consistently better with him in it.
3) The idea that somehow he is hindering our "progress" in the short term, When we are on course for a second consecutive season fighting for Euro qualification
4) Dont forget the comparison to Vinny bleeding Jones

Re "The real world" comments:
1) Players who could be considered better than Carsley are like gold dust, and priced accordingly
2) The players we've brought in, and dont forget Lescott, Jagielka, and the rest, just backs up my point that we've probably not got much left in the kitty.
3) We have Pienaar and Fernandes on loan, lets assume "the Fernandes money" is earmarked for buying one or both of them. After all without both of them our depth in midfield looks shocking.

My personal view is that for now, I'd much rather have Jags or Neville covering for Carsley than have them playing alongside Carsley (or his replacement as cover for, say, an injured Mikel Arteta...

I have said on here for a long time we need to find an successor for Carsley, look back through to some of my first posts on this forum. But he continues to impress me with his performances and longevity.

Finally I would consider a second consecutive season in contention for the European spots as progress. And I can accept, and even enjoy, the fact that we are doing it in a slower but more "dignified" fashion, rather than throwing money we dont have at a problem we havent yet got.

Well for someone who is very busy and can't be arsed, you seemed to spend some time writing that post.

I'm not having a go at you, so get down off your high horse. But you are expecting Carsley to last the season, he's no spring chicken, and we have a lot of games coming up.

Also did we not have money to spend during the summer that we never actually spent? I think we did. This would lead me to believe that we are not skint.

Maybe I think Carsley should be replaced because I don't rate him. There I said it. I don't think he is good enough for Everton and the players we have around him. Not trying to get a rise out of you, its just my opinon, and that is what forums are for. Stop getting irate and just accept it.

Ok, Carsley puts the boot in sure, but that's all he does. He doesn't score enough, he doesn't start attacks, he doesn't drive the team on, he doesn't take responsibility and is often found pointing and marking space rather than closing down.

I don't think a replacement defensive midfielder is like gold dust. I also believe if Moyes found someone he wanted, the money would be made available for him to buy that player.

I accept that we won't buy someone to replace Carsley now, although I suppose Joe Parkinson or Barry Horne could come in and do the Dogs of War replacement act for us.

Sue me for wanting more than a player who just [Poor language removed] into row Z all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back