Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, Iranians are not Arabs

second, someone has to google a bit, does he have anything in Iran? Or he is just Iranian by origin and lives in Europe and all his money from businesses outside Iran?

....lives in Monaco with steel and energy business interest in Russia and UK.

I hope the new owner is brewsted ,don't care where he comes from as long as Billy Boy doesn't remain as part of the board
or anywhere near Goodison Park.

Repeadetly refreshing this page since I got up this morning. Ridiculous really, but can't help it!
Trying desperately not to get too excited about this and I've been playing it down when asked about it by my sons. Don't want to get their hopes up! I'd prefer someone (or a group) with as many billions as possible, but if it turns out to be someone (like Moshiri) with around £2billion personal wealth and business know how, then what is not to like? Compared to what we have now its a huge step in the right direction. Roll on Tuesday, but will still be checking this site round the clock until then. If we get to Wednesday and no news it will be so deflating!

I would hate us to be Man City.

That club has become the Dorian Gray of football.....soul completely lost in the past few years.
Can't agree with that. Their status as a football club has grown immensely and their supporters are loving it. And so they should.

I'd understand the business sense behind it, nevertheless I find it slightly unnerving that we're apparently being drip fed such little information.

Based on numerous transfer sagas over the years I just can't see this happening, or at least in the short time scale as people are mentioning.

How much does Lawton actually know about any new deal? Additionally, is McNulty truly in the know or is he just riding the gravy train?

In the instant media world that we live in, to have no tangible evidence regarding who it is (from any source) makes me extremely sceptical.

...back to the original post, I'm not overly concerned about nationality as long as they're committed to supporting the club in the long term!

Middle-Eastern parties, or those from China, may increase the probability of fulfilling this criteria as it may be part of a larger, overriding plan.

If you look at Citeh et al, there growth is part of a much larger macro-policy of installing economic influence and power into the western world.

That brings about much greater long-term security rather than an individual person just looking to flex their financial clout for personal reasons.

They could be a well financed group or individual from the Middle East, which on paper looks fantastic, but then may be quickly disillusioned.

Or it could be a Yank or Russian who isn't as financially strong, however they're willing to stick in it for the long term. It's not black and white.

Seems like a good fit. Successful businessman in his own right. Would like to think he will revitalise our commercial operations and deliver us a new stadium. Think this will be a slow evolution, but surely his involvement in arsenal one of the most successfully ran clubs in the country, give us cause for optimism. Hopefully he can get David dein involved in football once again, what with his arsenal connections and bills longstanding friendship with dein.

Roberto had a dream..
To buy the Premier League..

We've got loads of money, so we don't need anymore loans..

Etc.. Etc..

The Mersey Millionaires..

Are on the way back.
rKeNBpN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back