Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see you Fella, what you making of the election campaigns so far?

The lead up to the elections coming in peak exam/coursework season is proving difficult, because all I want to do is read, read and read about it and it's killing me!

Very basically, as one of the centre-left, I had been looking at the Green Party and thinking that they may come out, add some credibility to themselves and take a bit of momentum. They really haven't, they have missed their golden opportunity.

I was beginning to give up on Labour, however over the past four weeks I've been impressed by Ed, the manifesto and its policies - it did take them the best part of four years to come up with any! Picking up speed, I think they will be the biggest party.

The Conservatives (would never take my vote anyway) have not done anything to impress me and I think they are losing momentum. Cameron is going before the media a lot less than Ed and does not seem as keen to defend his record. Every policy seems built to win back UKIP supporters and Osborne made a tool out of himself on Sunday and created the impression that they are unsure of their own plans. Their campaigning is largely negative and personal - it isn't turning anybody on to them.

I have a soft spot for the Liberal Democrats and even believe Clegg made the coalition more compassionate, however I don't feel he is going to take any traditional votes off the big two. They will do well to keep 75% of their seats. There is nothing Clegg can say that will turn people back on to them.

UKIP are tosh. Poorly managed, particularly poorly stage-managed. I hope they do take a seat or three - particularly that Farage wins in Thanet, because I would like to see them damage the Tories this time around and begin to build a record in Parliament that will demonstrate what they stand for - most of their voters have no clue what they like apart from a moderate hatred of foreigners. They are just as nasty beneath the surface.

Voting Labour as things stand. I have concerns that Ed is just not the character people desire - airbrushed and Etonian - however I do think he will make a better leader than most expect.

How are you finding it sir?

What do we make of tonight's BBC "Challengers Debate"?

No Cleggy or Dave. Methinks Ed is going to be ripped a new one by Ms Sturgeon with Ms Wood sticking the boot in too.

Very basically, as one of the centre-left, I had been looking at the Green Party and thinking that they may come out, add some credibility to themselves and take a bit of momentum. They really haven't, they have missed their golden opportunity.

I couldn't agree with this more. Their complete balls up in Brighton doesn't help them either.

What do we make of tonight's BBC "Challengers Debate"?

No Cleggy or Dave. Methinks Ed is going to be ripped a new one by Ms Sturgeon with Ms Wood sticking the boot in too.
Milliband has been the best performing leader out of the lot of them, he can more than stand up to any on that panel.

I'm just watching the Daily Politics now and they are discussing not only is Cameron avoiding these TV debates like the plague, but he has not done a press conference with the press in ages, he's avoiding having to answer to his record on all fronts, it really is cowardly.

As Milliband has said today, if you are going for the job of leading the country, the least you can do is turn up to the job interviews.

I think the way Milliband has approached this Election campaign and stood up to be counted has knocked spots off Cameron's approach on every level.

I really liked Sturgeon and Wood in the last one. It's a shame we can't vote for them.

After I have put my X in the Loony Candidate box (there isn't one in my constituency) I may well vote Plaid as I am fed up with being ruled by the urban Labour party of South Wales.

There's lovely

Milliband has been the best performing leader out of the lot of them, he can more than stand up to any on that panel.

I'm just watching the Daily Politics now and they are discussing not only is Cameron avoiding these TV debates like the plague, but he has not done a press conference with the press in ages, he's avoiding having to answer to his record on all fronts, it really is cowardly.

As Milliband has said today, if you are going for the job of leading the country, the least you can do is turn up to the job interviews.

I think the way Milliband has approached this Election campaign and stood up to be counted has knocked spots off Cameron's approach on every level.

Yet, just like the Conservatives, Miliband and Balls continually refuse to state where they are going to get the money from to support their manifesto promises.

I think this election is an absolute sham unless all parties disclose the specifics of the financial strategies (if indeed they can, which i suspect Labour cannot and the Conservatives can, but know it would be deeply unpopular).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back