Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CEBR analysis of UKIP's manifesto doesn't take into account the economic effect of pulling out of the EU and cutting immigration to the levels UKIP desire. Two pretty important things, no?

They do deserve credit for providing such an analysis, though.

"UKIP are racist" is exactly what Farage wants on every front page. Gets people's backs up being called racist for having a bit of pride in their nationality.

No, the main reason to not vote UKIP is that they are Tories! 'Common man' my backside, Farage is a city banker, and they are Tories. They may well be racist too, but it doesn't matter, they will not be getting my vote either way.

The highlighted section shows how UKIP have just humiliated both Labour and the Conservatives. I hate UKIP, but i am incredibly impressed with the way they have supplied detail and specifics to the headlines.

It shows what a complete and utter farce the Labour and Conservative manifesto's currently are.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8f22eb00-e37f-11e4-aa97-00144feab7de.html#ixzz3XTpgO6rc

I'm glad their figures stack up for you. Would you not agree that asking the public to vote for a racist and bigoted agenda, which would be to the detriment of the whole country, is an even bigger farce?

I'd rather be poorer with fewer migrants, Farage says
Farage says lower economic growth is a price worth paying to cut immigration

By Matthew Holehouse, Political Correspondent

9:13AM GMT 07 Jan 2014

Lower economic growth is a price worth paying to radically cut immigration, Nigel Farage has said.

The social consequences of high levels of immigration are so dire that Britain would be a better place if it were poorer but had tighter border controls, the leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party said.

He proposed a five-year moratorium on people settling permanently in Britain.

Many economists link higher immigration to stronger growth and increased personal wealth.

The Office for Budget Responsibility, Britain’s economic watchdog, believes a complete freeze on immigration would see the economy grow at 1.9 per cent over the next fifty years.

With 240,000 new migrants a year the economy would grow far faster, at 2.7 per cent, resulting in a far lower public debt.

I'm glad their figures stack up for you. Would you not agree that asking the public to vote for a racist and bigoted agenda, which would be to the detriment of the whole country, is an even bigger farce?

I'd rather be poorer with fewer migrants, Farage says
Farage says lower economic growth is a price worth paying to cut immigration

By Matthew Holehouse, Political Correspondent

9:13AM GMT 07 Jan 2014

Lower economic growth is a price worth paying to radically cut immigration, Nigel Farage has said.

The social consequences of high levels of immigration are so dire that Britain would be a better place if it were poorer but had tighter border controls, the leader of the United Kingdom Independence Party said.

He proposed a five-year moratorium on people settling permanently in Britain.

Many economists link higher immigration to stronger growth and increased personal wealth.

The Office for Budget Responsibility, Britain’s economic watchdog, believes a complete freeze on immigration would see the economy grow at 1.9 per cent over the next fifty years.

With 240,000 new migrants a year the economy would grow far faster, at 2.7 per cent, resulting in a far lower public debt.

Oh there are many many reasons not to vote UKIP. But he's saying that at least they are trying to explain where the money would come from IF they did get in. Tories and Labour don't even bother with that it seems.

A good example of how the 'privatisation' of the NHS is really nothing of the sort.

"There is no shortage of innovation in the NHS, but too often innovations do not have the reach or impact that would be expected in other industries. This is due to innovations being tested in isolation from the complementary NHS services needed to unlock their full potential."

Or, alternatively, it could be that the people who create jobs for themselves to stick their oar in are actually beggaring about with things they don't understand.......

"There is no shortage of innovation in the NHS, but too often innovations do not have the reach or impact that would be expected in other industries. This is due to innovations being tested in isolation from the complementary NHS services needed to unlock their full potential."

Or, alternatively, it could be that the people who create jobs for themselves to stick their oar in are actually beggaring about with things they don't understand.......

How do you mean?

But there's no requirement for you to be in full-time work is there? Mine did bank work whilst she was studying too. Does kind of sound very similar to zero hours.

To be honest, it's not a bad way to earn a living if you can handle the relative uncertainty. The pay seems much higher and there never seems a shortage of work.
sorry so late with my reply, just got home from work lol. I think where Bank work differs is you are not obligated to work the hours offered and there are no repurcussions ( loss of zero hour contract ) if you do say no to work offered.

I honestly don't know why DC would rather sit at home and watch it on the box with his phone buzzing, rather than getting up on stage.

I'm pleased he isn't up there, however if I was him I would certainly go. I do not like his government very much, however they have a few records that he should be proud to defend.

It's time for Mili-mania.

I honestly don't know why DC would rather sit at home and watch it on the box with his phone buzzing, rather than getting up on stage.

I'm pleased he isn't up there, however if I was him I would certainly go. I do not like his government very much, however they have a few records that he should be proud to defend.

It's time for Mili-mania.

I think he's got too many records that he'd struggle to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back