Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate to write this, I think I D S is genuinely committed to the cause of revitalising communities. His problem is lack of vision; of "lived" experience of poorer communities and, sadly, lack of a first class brain.
He's not mate. He's just an old fashioned right wing zealot who loves the idea of punishing 'the lower orders'.

I have no doubt whatsoever he'd have been in the vanguard of the Final Solution if he'd have been a German in WWII.

He's utter vermin. Without a shaow of a doubt the most disgraceful man in British politics

The true problem here is having five kids, surely? How badly wrong at budgeting do you have to be to think that you can raise five children comfortably over a thirty year period when in fact you can just about afford two over twenty years? Rearing a child has got to be the single most significant decision in anyone's life, so why on earth hamstring yourself right at the start by knocking out number five when your eldest has just started junior school?

Too many people fail to save / plan for a rainy day when times are good and, consequently, find themselves massively overstretched when times turn not so good. I simply cannot fathom how on earth they reach such obviously flawed decisions.

The question isn't about raising kids, its about providing for everyone you have responsibility for equally. The government as budget holders shouldn't prioritise any one group over another and certainly not at the expense of the rest, just as a parent wouldn't with their kids. It's simply not possible to justify.

1. It's more or less a draw.
  2. Boris Johnson has been parachuted into Uxbridge a safe seat.
  3. Change the bland leader for a peoples tory Bozzer.
  4. Call new election in Nov, hope to p*ss it

Ha Ha Ha.

Wrong way about.

Put it down to one of those Cameron brain freezes.

I'm worried about you mate, what with this and John Stones.........

You were a certainty for Poster of the Year with your defence of Martinez v the plotters, but a great season is in danger of tailing off lol

Yeah, or asked what party which is standing nationally maybe.

I just have a feeling that come polling day, the UKIP vote wont turn up. Absolutely no facts to back that up, just a feeling, or a faint hope!
Maybe. They look fairly solid to me after the initial desertion at the start of the campaign. I think their faint-hearts have already made the switch away.

They look on course for 13%/14% and a handful of MPs.

Maybe. They look fairly solid to me after the initial desertion at the start of the campaign. I think their faint-hearts have already made the switch away.

They look on course for 13%/14% and a handful of MPs.

It saddens me that 14% of grown ups in this country have fallen for it. Not sure who to Boo though.

I'm worried about you mate, what with this and John Stones.........

You were a certainty for Poster of the Year with your defence of Martinez v the plotters, but a great season is in danger of tailing off lol

I had one award taken away from me this season by a certain moderator. I couldn't go through that ordeal again...hence my throwing it.

The Tory economic boast is almost entirely on the basis of pointing to stagnation in the EU.

"Tuppence looking down on tuppence ha'penny" as the old saying goes.

It's relevant though isn't it? The global economy isn't something any nation can control, so we can only look at how other nations similar to Britain are faring under the same kind of circumstances.

Lets be honest here Dave, if France and Germany were zooming along at twice the rate of growth the UK has achieved, I'm sure there would be plenty of hay made out of it, and justifiably so, as you'd have to ask what they were doing differently to us.

Davey now forgetting the date of the actual election. Trying to look at things without my Rose tinted specs, he looks like the whole thing is getting to him rather more than it is any of the other leaders.

It's only a few days since he forgot which football team he supports.
Now David Cameron's made a gaffe he really should avoid - he's forgotten the date of the General Election.
The hapless PM stumbled over his words during a campaign speech in Enfield, North London, as he tried to justify today's shock GDP figures.
He told staff at radar firm Kelvin Hughes: "I have a guarantee if I'm your Prime Minister after the 9th.... After the 7th of May.
"And it's this. We will finish the job of getting the deficit down."

The election is next Thursday, May 7.

Mocking someone that disagrees with you isn't a very endearing quality :)

I wasn't mocking you because you disagreed with me, I did it because you were insulting people's intelligence.

It's something we all strive for.

Is it? I'm not so sure.

There's a lot to be said for mindset though. You focus on something and that's where you end up, like when you see a pothole in the road and focus so much on avoiding it you ride straight into it. If you approach life as though it's unfair and people are out to get you, then it's not likely to help your chances.

Enough with the cod-psychology. By the way, do you think it's right that the poorest have become poorer during the recession whilst the rich have doubled their wealth?

Davey now forgetting the date of the actual election. Trying to look at things without my Rose tinted specs, he looks like the whole thing is getting to him rather more than it is any of the other leaders.

It's only a few days since he forgot which football team he supports.
Now David Cameron's made a gaffe he really should avoid - he's forgotten the date of the General Election.
The hapless PM stumbled over his words during a campaign speech in Enfield, North London, as he tried to justify today's shock GDP figures.
He told staff at radar firm Kelvin Hughes: "I have a guarantee if I'm your Prime Minister after the 9th.... After the 7th of May.
"And it's this. We will finish the job of getting the deficit down."

The election is next Thursday, May 7.

Right, that's it, throw him out.........

It's relevant though isn't it? The global economy isn't something any nation can control, so we can only look at how other nations similar to Britain are faring under the same kind of circumstances.

Lets be honest here Dave, if France and Germany were zooming along at twice the rate of growth the UK has achieved, I'm sure there would be plenty of hay made out of it, and justifiably so, as you'd have to ask what they were doing differently to us.

Exactly......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back