Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember that being the case toward the end of Brown's leadership. I would not say Tory opposers are more objectionable than labour opposers.

You are taking your evidence from a football forum by the way, one based in a largely working class city.

Labour has to try hard to lose voters. Even after the Gordon Brown labour government tories couldn't form a majority.

That's fair comment fella. I guess thats exactly what it is. Life on the other side of a fence. Some people never see it whilst others can't escape it. At the end of the day it's often down to the luck of the draw.
Indeed, and whilst I grew up in a standard working class family and followed the standard educational route through to uni, I could probably draw upon a few situations where a lucky break helped me on my way.

I don't believe everyone's destiny is mapped out by the life you're born into, though. Everyone CAN go to uni if they really want to.

I was brought up Labour. I voted Labour. I was part of the Labour Party. I delivered Labour pamphlets at elections.......then I grew up, used my own eyes, saw the mess they were making and the crap they were spouting, saw the country and my family and my kids in the sh1te and voted Tory.........things changed, the country got back on it's feet, we had money and food, we all felt good for a while.......then Tony Blair arrived.............
Pfffft.

Labour Ate My Hamster.

Wells' position as Health Minister in the NI Assembly was untenable after his neathanderal rantings. He would have been forced out anywhere else earlier but his party realised the game was up with an election looming. It didn't stop the DUP hierarchy defending him yesterday in the Assembly though. These people are still living in the 19th century at best.
It beggars belief the Tories are contemplating joining forces with Unionists. Shows how desperate they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back