Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? I think you'll find if you're rich you can pay to go no matter what your grades. Never heard of poor people with lower grades being accepted because they are poor.

Some universities do make lower offers to people from disadvantages backgrounds, however, that doesn't even touch the problem and hardly makes it better.

LAB up 3% CON down 1% on ComRes national poll tonight:

ComRes / Mail:

Con 35 (-1)
Lab 35 (+3)
Ukip 11 (+1)
LD 7 (-1)
Green 6 (+1)
Other 6 (-3)

YouGov still to come.

Sure, but once the whistle blows what are they gonna do? Stand there and cry about how unfair it is and not even bother, then get hammered 15-0?

Or, despite the conditions they face not being fair they try to do the best they can, put 100% effort in and try to make the most of things and hopefully come away with a decent 3-3 draw?

As always in things political, seems to me that most people see things from their point of view and dismiss the other view. When in reality there are parts of both views that have credit.

It's not fair that 1 team has most of the advantages from the start and something should be done about it before the game starts. But once it does start the team with the disadvantage should do everything they can to overcome that disadvantage, unfair or not.

Ha! Like that's EVER gonna happen in the circumstances that Clint set out?? You'd have summit to say if we got clattenburg or clive thomas at the barn........

The deck's stacked in the wealthy's favour. We're fed the same arl shi'ite that we live in a meritocracy - not a plutocracy. What utter tripe!

And you might be surprised to know that people do try. You're not told that though, oh no - you're out at work while your neighbours don't open their curtains until 11:00am.

What else do we get from the current shower? That's right: "WORK HARD & DO THE RIGHT THING"

Nevermind that they're gettin a bum deal; that the rich get richer on the backs of our sweat, after all the plebs have got jobs (some of them) what else do they want, eh?

Not everyone gets the job of their dreams. We all know that. But every student can leave school, go to college, go to uni, graduate, and get a fulfilling and well paid career. I did all of that, with no funding from my parents. Student loan and part time job got me through.

Doesn't matter what your background is, there is nothing actually stopping you.

Whether you go on to get the top, top jobs, the establishment jobs, well that's a different argument, but everyone can have a good career if they want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back