The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
11059783_10152738899675658_5165587174849682156_n.jpg

One of the two are going to break ahead at some point before election day. God only knows which way it will swing now.

One of the two are going to break ahead at some point before election day. God only knows which way it will swing now.

I agree. I firmly believe there are 0000's of people who think they know who they would vote for in "normal" circumstances, but depending the situation in their constituency might abandon that and vote tactically.

But if that is from a fear of the Tories/Labour, the SNP situation, an EU referendum, or what ever, I have absolutely no idea. The seat I am in is so safe for the Tories it hasnt really crossed my mind as a voter, but it would do if it was more marginal, thats for sure.

I think it'll depend on the public reaction to the inevitable smear tactics we're going to see in the press this week.

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

Both the Tories and Labour have been subject to press attacks in the run up to elections in the past several decades, and even in '92 when it was particularly nasty, I don't think it had any real effect at all. I don't think the press has as much sway on elections as they would like to think.

Nobody see's a Mail attack on Labour and thinks "Oh, I must vote Labour now!" and similarly nobody see's a Mirror attack on the Tories and thinks the same.

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

Both the Tories and Labour have been subject to press attacks in the run up to elections in the past several decades, and even in '92 when it was particularly nasty, I don't think it had any real effect at all. I don't think the press has as much sway on elections as they would like to think.

Correct. The egos of most journos is such that they are the only ones who think they have an influence. They might play to a gallery, but rarely influence, unless they actually uncover something like the expense stuff. Which is totally different.

Correct. The egos of most journos is such that they are the only ones who think they have an influence. They might play to a gallery, but rarely influence, unless they actually uncover something like the expense stuff. Which is totally different.

Growth in social media has blunted the effect of the printed media. However, if the Mail or Telegraph is tempted to run the Red Ed, son of pensioner eating Jewish Immigrant line, it could have an unintended impact.

Growth in social media has blunted the effect of the printed media. However, if the Mail or Telegraph is tempted to run the Red Ed, son of pensioner eating Jewish Immigrant line, it could have an unintended impact.

Perhaps. But most people who regularly read a newspaper have probably already decided I reckon.

Sinn Fein taking an oath of allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, her heirs and successors? And without that oath, they don't get to take their seats.

I don't believe Dave would give a toss what happens in Northern Ireland if it secured him another term. As for Sinn Fein, they now sit on the Policing Board, that was a major shift for them.

Hopefully no Northern Ireland party will be required to form a government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back