The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think most folk take little notice of that to be honest. A monumental cock up by someone not withstanding.

If you believe that you'll believe anything.

Both the Tories and Labour have been subject to press attacks in the run up to elections in the past several decades, and even in '92 when it was particularly nasty, I don't think it had any real effect at all. I don't think the press has as much sway on elections as they would like to think.

Nobody see's a Mail attack on Labour and thinks "Oh, I must vote Labour now!" and similarly nobody see's a Mirror attack on the Tories and thinks the same.

I'm not so sure.

There's a huge factor at play this time round. The papers have already confronted Miliband and come out 2nd best. The attack by the Mail on Milibands father was particularly venomous and as a result Ed has vowed to further regulate the press. Ownership laws will change under a Labour government. I think that it is naive to think that the press won't go down without a fight.

Whether it influences the electorate or not depends on how it's choreographed.

I'm not so sure! I think

There's a huge factor at play this time round though. The papers have already confronted Miliband and come out 2nd best. The attack by the Mail on Milibands father was particularly venomous and as a result Ed has vowed to further regulate the press. Ownership laws will change under a Labour government. I think that it is naive to think that the press won't go down without a fight.

I dont want any politicians controlling the press.

Me and the girl did a couple of hours door knocking for our Labour candidate today. Thoroughly enjoyed it - great meeting many well-wishers and even non-supporters - and hopeful of taking back the seat from the Lib Dems.
Tory canvassers for Esther Mcvey came a knocking today - let them get wet on the doorstep. Got a letter from Cameron today burbling on about Scots Nats and importance of the marginal constituency. I've had nothing from Labour yet.

I'm not so sure.

There's a huge factor at play this time round. The papers have already confronted Miliband and come out 2nd best. The attack by the Mail on Milibands father was particularly venomous and as a result Ed has vowed to further regulate the press. Ownership laws will change under a Labour government. I think that it is naive to think that the press won't go down without a fight.

It would need to be an unprecedented and unwarranted personal attack for it to have any sway on the electorate. Simply won't happen.

Not the point I was making. I want privacy etc etc etc, but the thought of politicians being able to control what the press can and cant write about will only lead to a neutered "free" press.

No thanks.
How much sugar would you need in the boiling water for the molasses to be difficult but not impossible to get off?

Tory canvassers for Esther Mcvey came a knocking today - let them get wet on the doorstep. Got a letter from Cameron today burbling on about Scots Nats and importance of the marginal constituency. I've had nothing from Labour yet.

A crate of champagne and a selection of other light refreshments is winging its way to you as I write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back