The 2024 AFL Season Thread

That Ugle-Hagan miss will turn the heat up unbearably for Bevo. Was insane to see the difference in the last qtr when Bont was on and off the ground. Libba just been rubbed out indefinitely due to a second concussion in recent weeks, poor [Poor language removed] hope he's ok.

I really hope Carlton can turn it around against Melbourne, but I think injuries are having too much of an impact atm. This type of slump happened last season as well, a loss to Melbourne most likely kicks us out of the 8, and 3 wins from the top 4, couple that with a loss to Sydney, it's going to require a second half similar to last year.
Good summary on both points.

I am cheering for Carlton at the moment (hated them in the '80's 😂). I really don't want to see Geelong, Sydney or Collingwood win the flag. Hating Geelong is my blood - ever since Stephen Hocking attacked Leigh Matthews :D. I live in Sydney & their supporters are insufferable. As for Collingwood......they are Collingwood.

Good summary on both points.

I am cheering for Carlton at the moment (hated them in the '80's 😂). I really don't want to see Geelong, Sydney or Collingwood win the flag. Hating Geelong is my blood - ever since Stephen Hocking attacked Leigh Matthews :D. I live in Sydney & their supporters are insufferable. As for Collingwood......they are Collingwood.
Carlton fans are the worst. Sorry Cork. Already had been seen people on Facebook call themselves Blue Flaggers instead of Blue Baggers only a few weeks ago. They always go off too early when they have a half decent team.

Confession to make - I had a big soft spot for Collingwood in the late '70's early '80's - when they lost all those grand finals. The 1977 draw with North Melbourne was the first VFL grand final I watched. Who couldn't feel sorry for Rene 'the hulk' Kink - 4 losses with the Pies & 1 with the Bombers 😂

I loved Billy Picken. Saddened to hear of his death a couple of years back & only 66.

Carlton fans are the worst. Sorry Cork. Already had been seen people on Facebook call themselves Blue Flaggers instead of Blue Baggers only a few weeks ago. They always go off too early when they have a half decent team.
Hmm Blue Flaggers that's actually the first i heard of that expression! I have us as a lower half of the top eight team at the moment.

We should improve as our better players come back from injury though.

Clearly haven't been around many West Coast and Freo supporters.

True. I dont really know many people from the west.
I've had a couple of mates get in my ear about Carlton being premiership winners this year, to which I've shot down pretty quickly.
You get clownish fans within all clubs to be fair, how quickly did the "Flagmantle" shouts start appearing earlier in the season after Freo knocked over Brisbane at home.

Carlton 77 Melbourne 76 We completely collapsed in that fourth quarter, but we fell over the line in the end! We were ahead by twenty six points at the end of the third quarter.

Still though a win is a win and we badly needed it. We have the Swans in Sydney up next and that's gonna be a tough one indeed.

Yeah @Sinski i agree with you the Blue Flaggers are back on the march again.lol You made a mistake there mate by letting me know that phrase annoys you!lol

I've had a couple of mates get in my ear about Carlton being premiership winners this year, to which I've shot down pretty quickly.
You get clownish fans within all clubs to be fair, how quickly did the "Flagmantle" shouts start appearing earlier in the season after Freo knocked over Brisbane at home.
I could imagine but don't hear those over east. I did see some Flag Pies shouts mid last year but at least we were flying then and one of the flag favourites. Blues fans have a history of going early and then failing.

I could imagine but don't hear those over east. I did see some Flag Pies shouts mid last year but at least we were flying then and one of the flag favourites. Blues fans have a history of going early and then failing.
After that shitshow last night, there shouldn't be too many crowing atm.

Watching this Hawthorn team is like having testicle hair ripped out one by one.

These guys would struggle to score a screw in a brothel. Yet at at 3/4 time they are in front of the equally inept Saints.

Did not see any of that except some highlights. Was it that bad a game?
It wasn't great. Players making poor decisions, poor kicking.

Some positives for Hawthorn. The intensity of the team around contested possessions. Lloyd Meek is starting to find his feet in ruck. Scrimshaw has lifted since Sammy gave him a serve a few weeks back. Newcomb seems to finding form again.

The game could have gone either way, fortunately it favoured the Hawks.

Sheesh, gotta feel some pain for Saints supporters. It will be another fruitless season.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back