The bending of PSR rules

Just an example of why I cancelled my Athletic sub

I was duped into thinking they'd be different, but it's more of the same anti-Everton bollocks you see everywhere else

When a Kopite who got to write a negative hit piece on the new stadium I knew what that place was
They created this image for themselves as a sort of outlet for the thinking man, a bit of a cut-above your average football fan. In-depth background and analysis for intellectuals.

They just parrot the same narrative as all the rest of them. They are all the same. They have to take a pre-defined line on everything, and it stops being journalism when its obvious to everyone the agenda they are pushing. Just like Sky, its the subscriber model that drives the in-built bias, and they have to keep going with the sycophancy.

They created this image for themselves as a sort of outlet for the thinking man, a bit of a cut-above your average football fan. In-depth background and analysis for intellectuals.

They just parrot the same narrative as all the rest of them. They are all the same. They have to take a pre-defined line on everything, and it stops being journalism when its obvious to everyone the agenda they are pushing. Just like Sky, its the subscriber model that drives the in-built bias, and they have to keep going with the sycophancy.

I had issues with The Athletic when Greg O'Keefe was publishing puff pieces for the likes of Denise Barrett-Baxendale

We saw the same on 14 January 2023 with the headlock stuff.

The only decent journalist I think they have is Matt Slater. Everything else is client pieces.

Matt Slater at least does basic journalism. The rest not so much

I had issues with The Athletic when Greg O'Keefe was publishing puff pieces for the likes of Denise Barrett-Baxendale

We saw the same on 14 January 2023 with the headlock stuff.

The only decent journalist I think they have is Matt Slater. Everything else is client pieces.

Matt Slater at least does basic journalism. The rest not so much

After headlock gate they went on a bit of a charm offensive to convince everyone they’d been duped and were with us . Now we have them carrying united water .

when people show you who they are believe them I suppose .

Very accurate.

Where's the media outcry when Liverpool manage to get 10s of millions for rubbish players who may have had 1 good game and we see all the former RS pundits hailing him as tge next big thing and then Bournemouth think they've gotten a steal at 15 million... Jordan Ibe sold in 2020 for 17 million has just had his contract at Ebbsfleet Town not renewed.
Edit: just saw this in the Echo
Rhian Brewster moved from Liverpool to Sheffield United in a deal worth £23.5m. He had never kicked a ball in the Premier League. That was one of countless big money deals for young players over the years that has passed by without anyone raising a concern. This weekend Lewis Dobbin moved from Everton to Villa for less than half that fee, having made 15 Premier League appearances AND scored a goal. Apparently Everton are the bad guys.

Last edited:

I was giving Greg O'Keefe both barrels for months and months on twitter

He has zero ethics or morals
That little beaut blocked me for the truths I was bombing him with.

He’s got about as much journalistic integrity as Piers Morgan or Boris Johnson.

The athletic should have been closed down - it’s basically a kopite fanzine. The hit piece on BMD was laughable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back