The bending of PSR rules

Everton sold Dobbin for roughly the same amount we sold Simms and Cannon for. Job done in terms of proving “fair market value”
I believe the issue boils down to it being a 'swap deal' rather than anything else. I just don't know what they expect us to do, exploit a loophole without seemingly breaking any rules or selling undermarket value our best young defender in decades. It's obvious we'd try to do anything we could to not sell to United for 40-50m.

I believe the issue boils down to it being a 'swap deal' rather than anything else. I just don't know what they expect us to do, exploit a loophole without seemingly breaking any rules or selling undermarket value our best young defender in decades. It's obvious we'd try to do anything we could to not sell to United for 40-50m.
And swap deals don’t happen anymore because players and agents want percentage of the fee paid. Plus PSR rules are written as such that clubs need to make profit

Its all total nonsense and 100% driven by an agenda which thought certain clubs could low ball certain other clubs for their prized assets

There is no reason whatsoever that any club would now engage in a straight swap.. the P&S rules that the PL hold so dear have ended that practice as uncommon as it was previously.

FFP won't last much longer. Too many vested interests who won't be happy at the recent lack of 'big bucks' being spent in transfer windows. 'Concerns' for the survival of clubs due to potential bankruptcy will be sacrificed on the altar of capitalism.

If they question our transfers then I suggest we direct their attention to most of Liverpool's transactions with Bournemouth and Sheffield United. That should prove that they are reasonable fees.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back