The Best Chippy in Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate that chippy lad the chips are horrible an when the do a burger
the put all the stuff on the bottom instead of the top haha

gr8 pizza on knowsley road is the one,just got a sexy chicken kekab out there

what about top wok on marsh lane ??? special fried rice is decent outa there

I'm from Liverpool but lived in N Ireland with my mrs. She is from a town called Strabane. It's funny but while I was there I got used to chippys selling chips, sausages etc. I hated coming home and seeing Chinese food or kebabs in the chippys. Long shot I know but if any of you are in Strabane (near Derry) go to a chippy called the Riverview. I promise it's the best chippy in the world, get yourself a tub of taco for your chips. Lots of people get cheesy taco chip or cheesy curry chip. There's another. chippy in the town that you only go to when your dru k but they do chips stuffing and gravy that's pretty special. Once you have a beef or chicken burger from Riverview you won't eat in the chippys at home again. We moved back to Liverpool so she could go back to uni and I won't go in the chippys here. They are ****e.

Sam's just off Aigburth road is deffo the most over rated. It got chippy of the year off the Echo. No way, la.

I'm from Liverpool but lived in N Ireland with my mrs. She is from a town called Strabane. It's funny but while I was there I got used to chippys selling chips, sausages etc. I hated coming home and seeing Chinese food or kebabs in the chippys. Long shot I know but if any of you are in Strabane (near Derry) go to a chippy called the Riverview. I promise it's the best chippy in the world, get yourself a tub of taco for your chips. Lots of people get cheesy taco chip or cheesy curry chip. There's another. chippy in the town that you only go to when your dru k but they do chips stuffing and gravy that's pretty special. Once you have a beef or chicken burger from Riverview you won't eat in the chippys at home again. We moved back to Liverpool so she could go back to uni and I won't go in the chippys here. They are ****e.

You say that about kebabs and then say to get taco dip and cheesy chips.

Basically, a Fish & Chip Shop Menu should have
Fish
Chips
Fish Cakes
Sausages
Peas
Gravy
Fruity Curry - Hot Curry
Steak Puddings
Pies
Maybe Chicken that is deep fried
Barm Cakes (soft with flour on and NOT those airy Burger Buns)

Anything else and it's not a proper chippy.

I agree i principal but taco is a revelation my friend. I don't think chippys do enough with their chips, you wouldn't go to a jacket potato stand and walk away with a plain spud.

I agree i principal but taco is a revelation my friend

Well from experience your average arl Fella and his Mrs, she serves and he does the frying and never EVER speaks, that tends to have the best chippies, wouldn't know a Taco from a Wacko, let alone perfect their own recipe chilli blend.
The best chippy that used to be near me when I was a kid had the gravy in a flask (no curry ffs)..Greasy Annies.

If you like spicy Chicken Wings, try The New China Palace in Prescot. Ok, so it's in Liverpool but still. They are a quid a pop but they are fairly big wings and are delicious. Need food now.

The salt and pepper. Ni ken wings you can buy one at a time in the chippy by the Wimslow are lovely. Shame everything else they serve is awful.

You say that about kebabs and then say to get taco dip and cheesy chips.

Basically, a Fish & Chip Shop Menu should have
Fish
Chips
Fish Cakes
Sausages
Peas
Gravy
Fruity Curry - Hot Curry
Steak Puddings
Pies
Maybe Chicken that is deep fried
Barm Cakes (soft with flour on and NOT those airy Burger Buns)

Anything else and it's not a proper chippy.

Black pudding
White pudding
Red pudding
Haggis
Mock chop
King rib
Smoked sausage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back